Properties Windows exceed monitor-boundaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Properties Windows exceed monitor-boundaries

I have one monitor at 2500x1600 resolution and three others at 1920x1200.
    Having a chart on one of the smaller screens, and then opening a properties-windows, e.g. <Rightclick> "Data Series..." or <Rightclick>"Properties", NT8 (RC2) mostly shows a window that goes far beyond the physical boundaries of the underlying monitor, thus leading to invisible / unreachable "OK", "Cancel", "Apply"-buttons. Boundaries seem to be calculated based on the resolution of the bigger 30* screen.

RonnyKeller,

Thanks for reporting. The expected behavior is that the size of the property dialog will be persisted from the last size you used. The dialog will display center owner of the window that spawned it.

Therefore if you resized it larger then pressed OK it would keep that same size no matter what monitor you are on.

NinjaTrader 7 had same behavior here, If I'm not missing anything the solution in this case is to resize the window smaller so the next time it opens it will not be so large.

Let me know if I missed your point there or not. Thanks for reporting, apprecaite getting reports from long time forum users Props to being with us since 2006!

-Brett

Comment

The same behavior existed already in NT7, Brett - you're right. Nevertheless I consider this now and then as a (small) bug since one of the mandatory developer-rule is, never to put controls such as [OK]- or [Cancel]-buttons beyond the physical borders of a monitor. But true, it's no biggy - I did only report it as "ReleaseCandidate-observations".

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post trilliantrader  
      Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Davidtowleii