Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross hair Disappears in RC2

Hi,

I installed RC2 this morning and it seems to have a bug with the cross hair and drawing tools.

When I am on a chart and I have the cross hair on, if I choose a drawing tool to draw, the cross hair disappears until I am finished drawing.

Version Info : 8.0.0.14 64-bit (Multi-Broker) - Release Candidate 2

Thanks,
    John

Same problem

Seems to be the same problem as this:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=90358

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSteinberg View Post
      Seems to be the same problem as this:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=90358
      Oops, that was an unrelated issue with crosshairs that I referenced.
      Last edited by sledge; 10-09-2016, 02:39 PM.

Comment

You should feel lucky, I installed RC2 and the crosshair cursor is so slow when over a chart it is completely unusable. It keeps moving for a good 5 seconds after I stop moving the mouse. - lol
        I remember it being slow in NT8 but this is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSteinberg View Post
          Hi,

I installed RC2 this morning and it seems to have a bug with the cross hair and drawing tools.

When I am on a chart and I have the cross hair on, if I choose a drawing tool to draw, the cross hair disappears until I am finished drawing.

Version Info : 8.0.0.14 64-bit (Multi-Broker) - Release Candidate 2

Thanks,
          John
          This also happens to me.

I have verified that this was working correctly in NT8 B11. (crosshairs remained working when using a drawing tool).

Comment

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
            You should feel lucky, I installed RC2 and the crosshair cursor is so slow when over a chart it is completely unusable. It keeps moving for a good 5 seconds after I stop moving the mouse. - lol
            I remember it being slow in NT8 but this is insane.
            I have not seen that yet. Can you try with a clean workspace? And close old workspaces?

Comment

I just tried with clean workspace, no indicators- just price bars - No Good.
              I also tried using Jing to make a movie of what I am seeing but whatever is going on effects the cursor in Jing when I am over a chart as well so it was impossible. As I said before, if I am over the Control panel or on the desktop, its fine but as soon as the cursor goes over a chart it slows to a crawl. If I shut off Crosshairs it works fine. But I need the crosshairs to trade.

I appologize- I didn't mean to Hijack this thread which was targeted towards the Drawing tools.

Thanks
              Jerry

Comment

Make sure not to use dotted or dashed crosshair - it makes it way slower. Using dotted Global Crosshair on several charts together makes work almost impossible..

Comment

Originally posted by RonnyKeller View Post
                  Make sure not to use dotted or dashed crosshair - it makes it way slower. Using dotted Global Crosshair on several charts together makes work almost impossible..
                  I was using the Local solid crosshairs so I changed it to dotted and also tried dashed. The extremely slow lagged behavior is about the same.

Comment

Hello, and thank you for your report. This behavior was confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Tracking ID: QA-2258
                    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jerry,

Can you please let me know what video card you have and what CPU your running.

Also, on RC2 can you please right click > Properties > Lines section > Expand Crosshair and check mark 'Draw cursor only". Do you see any better performance there with a 'mini cursor' crosshair? Is it usable for you?

Thx and welcome the input.

Comment

Hi Brett
                        See attached. Just so you know Riley had just contacted me asking for the DirectX version which is DirectX11

Thanks
                        Jerry
                        Attached Files

Comment

Brett,
                          Today I started looking into this video card and driver. What I notice is that the system is running DirectX 11 but the driver DDI version is 10 shouldn't that be 11 as well ? could that be the issue ?

Comment

Jerry,

Shouldn't be an issue exactly, since we only require Direct X 10.1. However DirectX support is only part of the picture. I did some research on the Geforce 9500 GT and it appears that was released July 29, 2008. Which means the graphics card architecture is 8 years old. A lot has happened in the graphics card area since then.

I would recommend you give a graphics card upgrade a try, its very likely to help. I can't guarantee that though since we at NinjaTrader are also relatively new to the graphics card hardware requirements of WPF and DirectX charts so we're still learning. Whats clear though is that better video card hardware will make a difference with rendering. Which if your having issue with rendering its worth a try.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                              Hello, and thank you for your report. This behavior was confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Tracking ID: QA-2258
                              Add my vote for greatly needing this fix. I rely on the crosshair for lining up drawing tools with prior price structure and now the crosshair disappears making drawing tool placement a 3 and 4 step process when it used to take 1 step. Thanks
                              Last edited by dtl-saw; 10-14-2016, 11:12 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Waxavi
                              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes