Easily switch chart between mergebackadjusted and merge non-backadjusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily switch chart between mergebackadjusted and merge non-backadjusted

I have some indicators that I use on backadjusted and non-backadjusted charts.

Does NT8 have some easy way to switch between the two types of charts? I've made some workarounds via custom bartypes for NT7, but it is a little buggy. It would be much easier if we could have the option of choosing adjusted vs nonadjusted as an option via a custom session template, similar to how holidays are handled.

Hello habibalex,

You can use the 'Global merge policy' setting at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Market data to switch between 'Merge back adjusted' and 'Merge non back adjusted'. After you change this setting, please reload historical data in your charts and it will load the other way.

By default, futures instruments use a 'Merge policy' setting of 'Use global setting'. I assume you did not change this setting. You can find it at Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments. Double click any futures instruments to open a new window which contains the 'Merge policy' setting. If set to 'Merge back adjusted and 'Merge non back adjusted' here, then the 'Global merge setting' will not have any effect.

I will forward the suggestion to include the merge policy setting in trading hour templates to development. Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The suggestion is present on our list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-974. We added your vote.

Comment

Thanks, how do I check the status of SFT-974?

Comment

Unfortunately this list is not public. The suggestion is present on the list. I do not have information at this time if or when the suggestion will be implemented.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes