SetTrailStop on secondary data series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SetTrailStop on secondary data series

ho do i set a trail stop on a secondary data series on NT8 this is very important when testing a strategy on 3 line break or renko as trailing stops on these data sets can give very very deceiving results as there is a lot of "hidden" data. as far as i know NT7 cant do this but NT8 should allow this but i dont know how, please enlighten me

also what happened to code snippets that we could add in the ninja script editor(not the strategy wizard) by right clicking where where given the option to add "condition" or "action" that was really useful in NT7, cant seem to find it in NT8, has it been removed or will it be introduced in a later release

Hello maaz1598,

Thanks for your post.

With reference to the NT8 help guide (link below): Should you have multiple Bars objects of the same instrument while using SetTrailStop() in your strategy, you should only submit orders for this instrument to the first Bars context of that instrument. This is to ensure your order logic is processed correctly and any necessary order amendments are done properly. http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ttrailstop.htm

Regarding accessing the Strategy builder like conditions and actions in the NS editor I will submit a feature request for this and will update this thread when I have further information.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello maaz1598,

Just to update, the feature request for accessing the condition/action in the NS editor has been assigned SFT-1686.

Please note that you can also work in the strategy builder directly and then select view code and copy/paste from there to your NS editor code.
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
      3 responses
      1 like
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes