NT8 RC2: replay server not informing on status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 RC2: replay server not informing on status

When replay server is not available (today 15th Oct) NT7 warns user of the error and stops immediately downloading

In current NT8RC2 version download stays indefinately without finishing or giving any feedback on status.

It would be good to do the same as NT7

Thanks for letting us know, not expected for sure. Will check into and get back.

Comment

Aog076,

I tested this AM and I was able to download replay data for today up to the last saved snapshot point on the server. It did not get stuck or take a long time.

Do you have a sec to see if the issue is reproducible for you? If it is could you please email me your trace file to platformsupport at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Product management and reference this post. The trace file for today would located under My Documents -> NInjaTrader 8 -> trace -> trade.todays date.

-Brett

Comment

It happened on saturday 15Th, when I wanted to download some data for testing and couldn't download for either NT7 or NT8. It's not usual because most days servers are available and there's no problem to download replay data

You can reproduce this by:

- Start NT7 & NT8 with internet connection
        - Turn off internet connection
        - Try to download replay Data

NT7 gives the warning message "Error on downloading replay data: Connection to data server is busy or not available right now. Please try again later"

NT8 gives no message and keeps trying to download indefinately or until it finds connection

It's a minor issue but for me better if it behaves the same way as NT7. Attached log files but I don't see evidence of error message
        Attached Files

Comment

Ah that would explain it. Thanks for the detail believe I'm now on the same page. This is more about connectivity to the replay server and less about downloading the current day.

This is a by design change currently, since we changed historical data loading logic to always retry since the server typically is not down for lengthy period of time and we wanted to download data as soon as the server connection is available again.

This isn't ideal during weekends during maintenance window for the servers and leaves you hanging not sure whats going on if you try to download data during this time. Thanks for reporting, understand and will collect that feedback and look into potentially changing that design approach.

Comment

It's a good idea to retry, but after several attempts (5 to 10) should warn about connectivity problems

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post drewski1980  
            Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes