CL ##-## chart loading issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL ##-## chart loading issue

Issue with loading CL ##-## Continuous contract.
    I just did a clean install of RC2 to try and resolve this issue.

After clean install the issue persists, when I load a CL ##-## on NT7 it works as expected and displays the current day, I can load 1 day of data with no issue.

When I try this on NT 8 I have to have a minimum of 12 days loaded because the chart stops 12 days ago (10/3/16).

When I try this on the ES ##-## the data stops on 8/24/2015 (500 days loaded)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by James108; 10-15-2016, 10:54 AM. Reason: Add Attachment

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20161016.XXXXX.txt'.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Files Sent

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20161016.XXXXX.txt'.
      files were sent via the Contact support item under the NT8 Help TAB

Comment

##-## no longer suppoted in NT8

In trying to resolve this issue I found out that continuous contracts are no longer supported in NT8

The work around is to use merge back adjust on the current contract.

The problem with this is that I can only access about 18 months of tick data ( the amount of data I have stored)

Last year I purchased data from www.backtestdata.com and it comes in the continuous format. With NT8 all of my historical tick and minute data for over 15 years is not usable in NT8.

I am not sure who made this decision but I wonder if they realized the impact.

Comment

Originally posted by James108 View Post
          In trying to resolve this issue I found out that continuous contracts are no longer supported in NT8
          To clarify, the "##-##' expiry for continuous contracts are still supported. We just do not provide it from our historical data servers.

If you have continuous contract data from another provider such as Kinetick, you can load the continuous contract the same way you did in NT7 using the ##-## symbol

The same is true for data you may have purchased from TickData.com. You can import it by using CL ##-##.Last.txt as the file name for example.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes