Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM Historical Data at Weekends

Hi,

As the FXCM data servers are taken offline at weekends is there a way to download historical Forex data from the NinjaTrader historical servers so it can be used for back testing?

Have tried but as I can't connect to the FXCM connection I don't think there's a way?

Thanks

Hello tmfdouglas,

When a broker has the server down for maintenance during the weekend, it would not be possible to directly download historical data from the NinjaTrader historical data servers.

A real-time connection must be established with the account credentials before historical data can be downloaded.

This means you would need to subscribe to another service that is not do maintenance at the same time, or ensure you have the data you need before the maintenance period begins.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Chelsea. I assume connecting to another provider and downloading historical fx data from the ninjatrader servers wouldn't be possible though as the historical data servers can only be used with FXCM? For example I have a rich mic connection, connected to it but still couldn't get the historical fx data (as Roth I can doesn't supply this and I couldn't connect to FXCM).

Comment

Hi tmfdouglas,

Kinetick, IQFeed, MB Trading, and Interactive Brokers all support forex data.

Below is a link to the help guide on Historical & Real-Time Data. In the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' there is a chart that show the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes