NT7 to NT8 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 to NT8 issue

I'm sure you're getting a lot of these questions, but here's another.
    I used the conversion tool found on the forum to convert all my indicators to NT8. Now that I go into the code I'm running into many small issues. I've been studying the code breaking page as well.

Here's a current issue: NT7 in DrawText I have 'ChartControl.Font'. In NT7 I did not pick a font or anything, it just works. In NT8 the error I'm getting is it does not contain a definition for 'Font'. I think it wants me to use 'SimpleFont' followed by a font and size? But I don't know what my font and size is. All I know is I like it as it is. How do I simply keep it as is? How do I determine chart font and size?

This is one of many issues I'll surely run into; I have quite a few custom indicators that, of course, I want to work in NT8. I also have some 3rd party indicators that are ready to work in NT8 but I can't import because of all my compiler errors.

Is there a simple way around these problems I don't know about? And incidentally, I am not interested in paying a consultant to convert indicators that already work in NinjaTrader; this is something one does when changing platforms.

Thank you.

Hello imalil,

Thanks for your post.

Regarding the inability to import because of compilation errors this is the same in NT8 as it was in NT7 however what is different is that you now have the ability to "exclude from compilation" any Ninjascript that you have in the editors Ninjascript Explorer window. This way you can exclude the problematic files and still be able to import as needed. Please see: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...s_explorer.htm

For the font question, you can use ChartControl.Properties.LabelFont Here is a link to the ChartControl.Properties section of the NT8 Helpguide: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...properties.htm

To find out what your chart is using, right mouse click on the chart and select "Properties", in the properties window you will find a section that shows what font and size are used for the time and price axis.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply, it helped. I have a few 3rd party indicators that are not working. I asked the developer about it and he said Ninja 8 v14 RC2 is causing the problem with his indicators. He sent me new zips that he says work on Ninja 8 v13 RC1.

What is my next step? How do I assure I have the correct version to get them to work? Will future versions fix the issues so I can use the latest with these indicators?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello imalil,

Thanks for your reply.

It is up to you if you wish to roll back your beta platform to an earlier version. Note that any issues you run into we would likely be unable to assist with as we are always working on the current release and to try to solve issues in past beta versions would be unproductive at best.

In general, when we release a new update, if you have 3rd party software it is suggested to check with the 3rd party vendor to ensure they have tested their software on the latest release before you update your NinjaTrader. When we have issued a new release, the vendor should be able to provide you with some guidance as they can see in the release notes if there are code breaking changes that may affect their product.

We would be unable to answer your question regarding future releases fixing the vendor software issues. We are in Beta testing and bugs are expected and we are working diligently to fix them from one release to the next.

Here is a link to the helpguide where you may find links to download previous beta versions: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...n-us/?beta.htm

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll tell you what's happening so maybe the next release can address the issue, whatever it is. There are 5 indicators, 3 work fine. The issue happens when two of them don't hold the input series. After I choose the input series, then apply, nothing prints on the chart. When I go back to the indicators to see the problem, there is no input series chosen. It just says 'close'.

I'm hoping you might have an idea of what the issue is.

When is the next release due for release? Is it possible the problem I pointed out will be fixed?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello imalil,

Thanks for your reply.

If the issue you are discussing is with the custom indicators, I would advise you to report back to the 3rd party vendor so they can then be aware of and address the issue. They would be the best source for determining their compatibility with the latest release.

If these are your own built indicators then I would suggest you follow debugging protocol found here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3418

The next update to NinjaTrader 8 is expected in November 2016.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I always send the developer the same info I send NT. I figure you can't ask enough questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Kaledus
              by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
              1 response
              0 likes