Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci Fan tool for NT8?

Hi!

I could really use the Fibonacci Fan tool for NT8. Maybe possible to make on from the existing Fib tools or is there something available already?

This tool is not currently available in NinjaTrader 8, however, this would be possible through custom programming.

Comment

Allright. I'll see if I can find someone to help me. My C# skills isn't good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by chrille View Post
        Allright. I'll see if I can find someone to help me. My C# skills isn't good enough.
        Write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and one of my colleagues on the NinjaScript Team should be able to provide some examples.

Comment

Thanks NinjaTrader_PatrickG, I'll do that!

Comment

Hello chrille,

My name is Jess and I will be happy to answer any questions that come up while you develop this indicator. As a first step, I would recommend creating a "stock" indicator by visiting New -> NinjaScript Editor, right-clicking Indicator on the right, selecting "New Indicator", following along in the wizard long enough to give your Indicator a name, then clicking "Generate". I would then recommend putting bare minimum code for each of the Fibo drawing tools documented here in your OnBarUpdate method :

Fibo Retracements

Code:
            [FONT=Courier New]
            [/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#008000]// Draws a fibonnaci retracement[/COLOR]
            [/FONT] [FONT=Courier New]Draw.FibonacciRetracements([COLOR=#0000ff]this[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]"tag1"[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]true[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff6600]10[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR]Low[[COLOR=#ff6600]10[/COLOR]],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff6600]0[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR]High[[COLOR=#ff6600]0[/COLOR]]);[/FONT]
            Fibo Circle

Code:
            [FONT=Courier New]
            [/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#008000]// Draws a Fibonacci circle[/COLOR]
            [/FONT] [FONT=Courier New]Draw.FibonacciCircle([COLOR=#0000ff]this[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]"tag1"[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]true[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff6600]10[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR]Low[[COLOR=#ff6600]10[/COLOR]],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff6600]0[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR]High[[COLOR=#ff6600]0[/COLOR]]);[/FONT]
            Fibo Extensions

Code:
            [FONT=Courier New]
            [/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#008000]// Draws a fibonnaci extension[/COLOR]
            [/FONT] [FONT=Courier New]Draw.FibonacciExtensions([COLOR=#0000ff]this[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]"tag1"[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]true[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff6600]4[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR]Low[[COLOR=#ff6600]4[/COLOR]],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff6600]3[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR]High[[COLOR=#ff6600]3[/COLOR]],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff6600]1[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR]Low[[COLOR=#ff6600]1[/COLOR]]);[/FONT]
            Fibo Time Extensions

Code:
            [FONT=Courier New]
            [/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#008000]// Draws a fibonacci time extension object[/COLOR]
            [/FONT] [FONT=Courier New]Draw.FibonacciTimeExtensions([COLOR=#0000ff]this[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]"tag1"[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]false[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff6600]10[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR]Low[[COLOR=#ff6600]10[/COLOR]],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff6600]0[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ffffff] [/COLOR]High[[COLOR=#ff6600]0[/COLOR]]);[/FONT]
            I would recommend starting off with retracements as those are going to be the kinds of Fibo fans that you are probably familiar with.

If you would like the services of a certified NinjaScript consultant, please let us know and I will be happy to ask a more community savvy colleague to weigh in.

Happy coding and happy trading!
            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Extending IDrawObject

Hi Jess,
              Is it possible / "officially supported by NT" to extend IDrawObject and add a new/custom function DrawGannFann? Something similar to custom bars.

If yes, please provide links to sample code.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vivek

Comment

Thank you for asking, AnkaS.

We do now directly support creating custom drawing tools, including Fibo fans, in NinjaTrader 8. You will want to investigate this link

I am attaching a script which contains code that comes with NinjaTrader 8 and a dummied out DrawGannFann method for you to fill in
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 10-19-2016, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Hi Jess.
                  Thanks for your response and dummy code.

However clicking on "ExampleFan.cs" leads to message "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

Regards

Vivek
                  For Anka Software

Comment

If you are on a company or public terminal it may be that your systems administrator is not allowing you to download source code files from the internet. Otherwise you may want to review your browser configuration so that you are able to download code samples from the NinjaTrader forums and other places on the internet.

As a convenience, I have pasted the code into a block here. You will want to save it as (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\DrawingTools\ExampleFan.cs

Code:
                    [FONT=Courier New]//
                    // Copyright (C) 2016, NinjaTrader LLC <www.ninjatrader.com>.
                    // NinjaTrader reserves the right to modify or overwrite this NinjaScript component with each release.
                    //
                    #region Using declarations
                    using System;
                    using System.Collections.Generic;
                    using System.ComponentModel;
                    using System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations;
                    using System.Linq;
                    using System.Windows;
                    using System.Windows.Input;
                    using System.Windows.Media;
                    using NinjaTrader.Core.FloatingPoint;
                    using NinjaTrader.Gui;
                    using NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart;
                    using NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools;
                    #endregion

namespace NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools
                    {
                        // when creating a custom type converter for drawing tools it must inherit from DrawingToolsPropertyConverter to work correctly with chart anchors
                        public class ExampleFan : Gui.DrawingTools.DrawingToolPropertiesConverter
                        {
                            /// <summary>
                            /// TODO: describe your DrawGannFan method here
                            /// </summary>
                            /// <parameter name="argument">TODO: describe your arguments</parameter>
                            /// <returns>TODO: describe what DrawGannFan returns</returns>
                            public static FibonacciRetracements DrawGannFan(object argument)
                            {
                                // TODO: your code here, then return non-null
                                return null;
                            }

public override bool GetPropertiesSupported(ITypeDescriptorContext context)
                            {
                                return true;
                            }

public override PropertyDescriptorCollection GetProperties(ITypeDescriptorContext context, object value, Attribute[] attributes)
                            {
                                // override the GetProperties method to return a property collection that hides extended lines & text alignment properties
                                // since they do not apply to fib circle / time
                                PropertyDescriptorCollection propertyDescriptorCollection = base.GetPropertiesSupported(context) ? base.GetProperties(context, value, attributes) : TypeDescriptor.GetProperties(value, attributes);
                                PropertyDescriptorCollection adjusted = new PropertyDescriptorCollection(null);
                                foreach (PropertyDescriptor property in propertyDescriptorCollection)
                                    if (property.Name != "IsExtendedLinesRight" && property.Name != "IsExtendedLinesLeft" && property.Name != "TextLocation")
                                        adjusted.Add(property);
                                return adjusted;
                            }
                        }
                    }[/FONT]

Comment

Fib Fan NT8

Hi there,

has anyone had any luck coding a custom fib fan drawing tool for ninjatrader 8?

Sparks01

Comment

Hello sparks01,

Were you able to install, run, and use the provided ExampleFan.cs in this thread? If any obstacles came up with extending this custom fibo fan, please let us know so we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                        20 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes