Crashing without any warning / logs / traces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calgera1,

I looked into your crash report a little further as I would consider this a critical issue.

There were errors coming from the database in regard to restoring some data from the database, however I do not believe these to be the cause of the crash (perhaps a symptom of the crashing)

Closer analysis of your trace files shows in situations where the application terminated unexpectedly, there was some relevant information contained in the trace file:

2016-10-18 06:55:26:703 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2016-10-18 06:55:26:703 The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.
    This error message in particular occurs when we try to write to a file which is in use by another process. Commonly, programs such as Anti-Virus or Backup programs may be locking a file at the time we try to use it, which then results in the crash.

You will want to exclude the NinjaTrader 8 documents folder from any other utilities that may be scanning folders. Here is another thread on that error which contains some information that may be helpful:

If you still experience crashes, please contract our support team so we can look into this deeper. Resetting the database likely would not fix the core issue, and we would want to determine what it is that is locking files that prevent us from saving information as you use NinjaTrader throughout the day.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I do not use the computer for anything else but the platforms (nt7 &8) so I can probably just uninstall it completely. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I just added the exception and it continues to crash. It seems to be happening around the same time of day around the start of the futures open after 5 ct.

Comment

Originally posted by calgera1 View Post
          I just added the exception and it continues to crash. It seems to be happening around the same time of day around the start of the futures open after 5 ct.
          • What anti-virus are you using?
          • Specifically what folders did you exclude?
          • Can you send us your new log and trace files so we can analyze the crashes before and after the exceptions were added?

I appreciate you working through this item with us. Your experience here will definitely useful for us providing a stable platform for the production release of NinjaTrader 8

Comment

I am using Trend Micro and I exceptioned : Documents Ninja 8 as well as Program Files (x86) Ninja 8
            I have the same files exceptioned for Ninja 7 as well. I will send the email attn: Matthew.

Comment

I am using Trend Micro and I exceptioned : Documents Ninja 8 as well as Program Files (x86) Ninja 8
              I have the same files exceptioned for Ninja 7 as well. I will send the email attn: Matthew.
              Is this on Windows 10? If so, can you double check to make sure Windows Defender is also exceptioned?

Comment

Not sure how to do that

Comment

Just noticed windows defender is turned off. sorry i didn't see that.

Comment

Just noticed windows defender is turned off. sorry i didn't see that.
                    There were articles about Windows Defender running even if you have other antivirus installed, with the latest Win 10 anniversary update. I run windows defender and nothing else, so I can't yet vouch to that.

Comment

Hello Calgera1,

I would like to schedule a support call with you to look into this further.

Please send an email to [email protected] with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, a phone number I can reach you at and a time window where I can call you (please include a time zone).

I look forward to our support call.
                      Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem STILL not solved after three days! Ninja 8 crashes after the futures open and is unusable for hours after. DO NOT USE THIS FOLKS!

Comment

I guess they gave up on me.

Comment

Hello calgera1,
                            Our evening representative will be contacting you by email to look further into this while it is occurring.
                            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just as an update, we are looking into this report and similar reports of unexpected crashes with similar error codes under #NTEIGHT-10639

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                              0 responses