Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things I Can No Longer Do In NT8

Hi,

First, thank you for a wonderful program.
    NT has always promoted that the free version is fully functional (except for nt scripting).
    In NT7 the market analyzer allows me to set audible alerts for various events.
    In NT8 the Alert function is greyed out.
    Is NT now crippling the free version, or is this just a bug?

OTHER ISSUES

NT7's Remove Drawing Objects function has checkboxes to choose which objects to remove. This is quite important to me since 1) I set horizontal levels, some of which persist on the screens for years and I don't want to lose them, and 2) I put a lot of text, horizontal lines and rays on the screen during trading, and need to be able to delete them in bulk, because it is too slow to do that individually.

NT8 no longer shows these options. The only thing available is Remove All Drawing Objects. If I use it, it deletes all my long term horizontal lines, but the only other option is to tediously locate and remove each object one at a time. This really hurts the functionality of the program (as does the loss of the audible alerts, above).

CROSSHAIRS - Many of my charts are quite compressed on the time scale. I need crosshair precision to place trendlines, and I need the crosshair extension to the right to know the price level for placing horizontal lines.

When I pick a drawing tool, the crosshairs disappear and I am no longer able to tell where to draw the lines. Was this done purposely, or is it a bug that will be fixed?

TRADES DISPLAY -
    NT7 has Account Performance - Trades, which displays opening and closing positions together on the same line, with total profit / loss for each trade, plus cumulative profit / loss for the period chosen.

I cannot find any similar function in NT8. Is it there, or have you taken it away? I also use that many times a day.

Although I use the free version, I have an account with you, and plan to purchase the program when I am sufficiently profitable in trading to do so. However, if you take away the functions that I need and use in daily trading, it becomes more difficult for me to reach that point.

All of the above are important to me in daily trading, and the first is nearly indispensable.

Thank you.

Originally posted by JW--- View Post
    Hi,

CROSSHAIRS - Many of my charts are quite compressed on the time scale. I need crosshair precision to place trendlines, and I need the crosshair extension to the right to know the price level for placing horizontal lines.

When I pick a drawing tool, the crosshairs disappear and I am no longer able to tell where to draw the lines. Was this done purposely, or is it a bug that will be fixed?
    See: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=90358

Comment

Thank you, Sledge.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback. Appreciate it.

1) Alerts:

Are you a Direct Edition user or Free User? We spend quite a bit of time upgrading alerts, they are now dynamic, multi-conditional, and can trigger actions. Since we've increased alert functionality miles ahead of what was available in NinjaTrader 7 we added it as a feature available in the full version of NinjaTrader and would not be available in the Direct Edition. Note: NinjaTrader for free remains fully featured reflection of the full platform and purchase unlocks the ability to trade live.

2) Remove All Drawing Objects by Type:

We added the Drawing Object dialog which will list all drawing objects on the chart. You then can multi select holding down CTRL or SHIFT to select a group of objects in the dialog. We felt that multi-select in that object dialog would be the consistent way to manage those objects. Based on user feedback we would consider adding in delete options by type. I will add your feedback to our suggestion list.

3) Crosshairs

Crosshairs should persist when using the drawing tool, we will resolve this in the next release. Thank You.

4) Trade Display

We have this in NinjaTrader, it is available via the Control Center > New -> Trade Performance window. From there select Display: Trades. There are additional features available there well expanded from what we had in NinjaTrader 7.

Let me know if further questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post

2) Remove All Drawing Objects by Type:

We added the Drawing Object dialog which will list all drawing objects on the chart. You then can multi select holding down CTRL or SHIFT to select a group of objects in the dialog. We felt that multi-select in that object dialog would be the consistent way to manage those objects. Based on user feedback we would consider adding in delete options by type. I will add your feedback to our suggestion list.
          Please give an option to hide all indicator-drawn Drawing Objects in this "delete"-process. I have indicators that draw shapes every other bar. Trying to locate a few that indeed were manually drawn makes me scroll for ages sometimes within the box of "deletable objects". Think, there's no need to show all those indicator-based drawings in this box...
          Last edited by RonnyKeller; 10-25-2016, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by ZenCortexReal, Today, 08:54 AM
            0 responses
            1 view