Visible Option In Indicators Properties Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visible Option In Indicators Properties Window

A nice and new feature in NT8 is the ability to hide an indicator on a chart by simply unckeck the "Visible" under the indicator properties. Here is the issue and a possible bug:

1. If the indicator is plotted on price panel such as a moving average, when "Visible" is unchecked the drawn moving average will disappear, however the indicator name will remain in the upper left corner.

2. If the indicator is drawn in panel 2, such as Stochastics, when "Visible" is unchecked, the entire panel including the indicator and the indicator name will all disappear.

The first case seems to be a bug and the second case seems to be correct. The idea is the hide all references to the indicator on the chart.

I have not checked to see if this issue exists for hiding an indicator on an indicator in Panel 2, such as a moving average on the Mom indicator.

Cheers!
    Last edited by aligator; 10-20-2016, 12:57 AM.

Hello aligator,
    I have tested the visible indicator feature as you had mentioned. I am currently speaking with our Product Management team to find the expected behavior in this situation. I will update this thread with their response.

Comment

Hello aligator,
      I have been informed that the visible option item was resolved. This will be applied in the next release of NinjaTrader 8.

The expected behavior will be that disabling the "Visible" option will visually hide the indicator and the label from the chart. If there is not another data series within the panel (i.e. Stochastic) this will hide the panel all together as you experienced with the second point in your original response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post r68cervera  
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post geddyisodin