NT8 Keeps Crashing Upon Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Keeps Crashing Upon Open

Around 1700CST NT8 crashed for no apparent reason...since this crash i have been altering my workspace trying to see if it's something in particular in there that was causing it, i had just added all my other forex symbols to one chart, on different tabs. it worked fine all of this afternoon until the crash...anyways i closed it out and saved the workspace, now NT8 won't even load the original workspace...i looked through the trace files and found that NT8 kept repetitively calling all of the forex symbols even though the one chart i have up just has one symbol with 4 or 5 timeframes...im uploading my log and trace files to see if anyone can help ID the prob or give me a fix...additional info is, if i close my workspace then NT8 seems to work just fine, ie. i can open new charts and switch currency pairs with no apparent problems. Please let me know if you need anything else

TBL
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately the log and trace files included here are 5 hours after the event.

I would like to get a better view of the overall scenario and investigate from the start of the problem around 1700 CST. If possible please send the log and trace files using the platform so that I may investigate further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1591289
    Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

As we are still looking into the source of this issue I would like to request more recent log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1591289
      Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is happening to me too. If I open nt8 and my workspace is open it'll crash, but if I close the workspace in time it will be fine. It's making nt8 unusable, it keeps randomly dying on me and requiring a complete deletion and re-setup.

I've tried reinstalling nt8 and deleting my My Documents/Ninjatrader 8 folder a few times, which works for a while, but randomly after adding a symbol my workspace will inevitably get corrupted again. Deleting caches and stuff like that seems to be of no use.

I think it has something to do with instrument links. It seems to spaz out after I make a bunch. I noticed they (my instrument linked charts) seemed to start displaying that Loading... animation and almost causing eachother to load over and over again until it crashed a few times. Dunno if that's the same bug or unrelated, but something is definitely causing certain workspace files to trigger crashes after a while.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        168 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred