Nt8 rc2 .net runtime crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt8 rc2 .net runtime crash

I can’t run NT8 rc2 for more than 24 hours without it crashing the win64 process/.net runtime.

The crash is not a managed code exception… there is nothing in the NinjaTrader log or trace files. It’s a win64 process crash.

I'm including the text of the 2 Windows Event Log entries that show this. ( I was not able top upload the exported log messages to this forum... the forum would not accept the file type ).

I’ve attached the tick replay indicator that I’m running.

Windows Event Log Messages:

First Message:
    Faulting application name: NinjaTrader.exe, version: 8.0.0.14, time stamp: 0x57f66df9
    Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.6.1080.0, time stamp: 0x570c4ace
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000001002b0
    Faulting process id: 0x5a64
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d22d4bd5e2c446
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\cl r.dll
    Report Id: f6a07981-50b4-4355-a953-ddfb25cce277
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Second Message:
    Application: NinjaTrader.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 00007FFB819B02B0 (00007FFB818B0000) with exit code 80131506.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the information you provided it sounds like there is an issue with the .NET framework.The first step to take would be to reinstall the .NET framework.

Please follow the instructions below to re-install the Microsoft .NET Framework on your PC.

First thing, exit any applications running on your computer

Windows Vista and older

Go to the Uninstall a Program section of the Windows Control Panel
    Uninstall .NET Framework 3.5
    Reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 from the link below

Windows 7 and newer

Go to the Uninstall a Program section of the Windows Control Panel
    At the top left select Turn Windows features on or off
    Clear the check box for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and select OK.
    After Windows disables the feature you will need to go back re-enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1
    After the install please check for updates to the .Net Framework with the Windows Update function

Note: Do not reboot your PC in between these steps as this can potentially create more issues that we are unfortunately not qualified to assist with.
    Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's happening on two Win10 computers. Plenty of memory, CPU and graphics power on both... each of them different hardware. I will continue to monitor the memory usage. I read about leaks in RC2 and maybe the process is running out of mem.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

We have been trying to replicate the issue on this side but have been unable to do so.

Are you able to recreate this issue without the custom indicator added onto your charts?

If so, how long does it normally take for the crash to occur?

Please attempt this as right now the only unknown factor is the indicator you are using and as we are unable to replicate the issue there is a pretty good chance that the indicator could be the problem.

Please let us know what you encounter.
        Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Brillo View Post
          I can’t run NT8 rc2 for more than 24 hours without it crashing the win64 process/.net runtime.

The crash is not a managed code exception… there is nothing in the NinjaTrader log or trace files. It’s a win64 process crash.

I'm including the text of the 2 Windows Event Log entries that show this. ( I was not able top upload the exported log messages to this forum... the forum would not accept the file type ).

I’ve attached the tick replay indicator that I’m running.

Windows Event Log Messages:

First Message:
          Faulting application name: NinjaTrader.exe, version: 8.0.0.14, time stamp: 0x57f66df9
          Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.6.1080.0, time stamp: 0x570c4ace
          Exception code: 0xc0000005
          Fault offset: 0x00000000001002b0
          Faulting process id: 0x5a64
          Faulting application start time: 0x01d22d4bd5e2c446
          Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe
          Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\cl r.dll
          Report Id: f6a07981-50b4-4355-a953-ddfb25cce277
          Faulting package full name:
          Faulting package-relative application ID:

Second Message:
          Framework Version: v4.0.30319
          Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 00007FFB819B02B0 (00007FFB818B0000) with exit code 80131506.
          I am looking into similar reports under # NTEIGHT-10639

Can you please forward that event viewer log entry to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com attn: Product Management

Can you also clarify roughly what time the crash occurs?
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
            I am looking into similar reports under # NTEIGHT-10639

Can you please forward that event viewer log entry to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com attn: Product Management

Can you also clarify roughly what time the crash occurs?
            Hi Mathew. Okay, I sent the log to the email above.
            Time of crash is in the log. 10/24/2016 5:27:04 AM

Since I wrote i've been monitoring the memory usage. Today I had another crash while the memory usage was low. This crash happened while NT was re-compiling NinjaScript source after I had changed it in VS 2015. However, I don't think it's related. The first crash happened while the machine was unattended.

Comment

Mathew. I'm going to provide you with a crash dump file on the next crash. It crashed again last night but I don't think I captured a proper dump file so I will wait for the next one. I'll need a way to transmit a large file to you.
              Also, when it happens if you want to remote in I can show you the crash and how it can be analyzed with WinDbg. I'm going to capture the crash with AdPlus. It's available in the "Debugging Tools for Windows" from Microsoft. You'll need WinDbg to look at the dump file. VS is no good for that.

Comment

Hi Mathew,

NT8 crashed again.

At first observation the smoking gun appears to be an indicator (attached) that I had running. A null reference exception message box appeared on the screen and a log message was written to the log file ( attached ). A null reference in the OnStateChange event.

The crash happened at the moment I connected to the computer via Remote Desktop.

Unfortunately there's no call stack in the Ninja log. Unusual for .net exceptions but I learned more when I looked in the Windows Event Log. I will email that to you.

I will summarize here. In chronological order:
                Error 7:00:29 PM
                Faulting application name: LoginUI.exe <- This must be the process handling my remotel login

After that there are 2 Info messages telling me where I can find crash dump files for the LoginUI.exe process. LET ME Know if you want these in case you open a case with Microsoft. It appears there's some interaction with this and NT as you'll see in a moment..

7:00:32 PM
                Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. This message has the call stack in NT that caused the System.AccessViolationException that then led to the crash.

A few more messages after that

FYI, My previous connection to the machine was through LogMeIn. So I went from LogMEIn over the INet to Remote Desktop connection from private network. THis is something I do everyday and it's no problem. I'm just completing the use case for you.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sending the event log details. The access violation exception is different from the issue we're chasing in NTEIGHT-10639. I will need more time to sort this out and will provide an update related to that specific error when I can.

For the OnStateChange() object reference error, I was able to reproduce that (are you the developer of these indicators)

If so, there is a _highImpactNewsItemColor brush that is sometimes null after the indicator is terminated, and it is never reset to a default value.

Regarding your memory issues: In both the indicators attached, there are a few instances of objects (other than brushes) which are not being properly disposed of.

If the object in question is only updated once, it is ok to dispose of that in State.Terminated. However, there are others where there are repeated instances being generated which are not disposed of before a new instance is created. In that scenario, Dispose() in State.Terminated wold only disposes of the last instance used.

I would recommend reviewing all instances of the following objects which are created during run-time and make sure they are properly disposed of after they are used.

Brush
                  GeometrySink
                  PathGeomtry
                  StrokeStyle
                  TextFormat
                  TextLayout

Comment

Hi Mathew,
                    No it's not my indicator and I know it's full of those bugs. But it should not cause NT to crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Brillo View Post
                      Hi Mathew,
                      No it's not my indicator and I know it's full of those bugs. But it should not cause NT to crash.
                      I do not believe the indicator caused that specific crash.

I do believe there could be a correlation between the memory performance you noted and some of these indicators. Was just passing that info along since I came across that.

With that said, any indicators can unmistakably cause NinjaTrader to crash and should be treated with care.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 10-28-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I do not believe the indicator caused that specific crash.
                        You are correct.

I do believe there could be a correlation between the memory performance you noted and some of these indicators. Was just passing that info along since I came across that.
                        You are absolutely right.

With that said, any indicators can unmistakably cause NinjaTrader to crash and should be treated with care.
                        Yes!

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

NT8 RC2 crashes when introducing settings in Strategy Analyzer.

I'm including the text of the Windows Event Log entry that show this:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
                          - <System>
                          <Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-10-29T13:38:36.394313400Z" />

<EventRecordID>12037</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>CINCO</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>
                          <Data>NinjaTrader.exe</Data>

<Data>8.0.0.14</Data>

<Data>57f66df9</Data>

<Data>System.ni.dll</Data>

<Data>4.6.1586.0</Data>

<Data>575a1437</Data>

<Data>c00000fd</Data>

<Data>0000000000293142</Data>

<Data>2424</Data>

<Data>01d231e8841421d6</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_ 64\System\ee1c3ea3e0049df6d53b35e21c2247e4\System. ni.dll</Data>

<Data>178c8702-5947-41fd-9970-1ad4b1daab59</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

</EventData>

</Event>

I hope this can help.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Alvaro View Post
                            Hello,

NT8 RC2 crashes when introducing settings in Strategy Analyzer.

I'm including the text of the Windows Event Log entry that show this:
                            Can you clarify what setting you are introducing in the Strategy Analyzer? Do you have any steps we could use to reproduce that crash?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for your quick response.

I am currently migrating a fully functional strategy from NT7 to NT8 and surely I will make a mistake. The problem is not to reproduce the "crash". The problem is the reliability of an RC2 does not detect errors in compilation or execution and simply hangs the application without creating a log or trace to allow debugging.

I think'll do better waiting for the final version of NT8.

Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mangel2000, Today, 01:30 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mangel2000  
                              Started by Doxxxx, Today, 01:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes