Collapse

Nt8 rc2 .net runtime crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am afraid that unless we analyze the specific situation that caused the crash in your instance, we cannot guarantee we can prevent or provide details needed to resolve it in the future. If you have a moment to provide us with the scenario required to reproduce the problem, we can either attempt to resolve or provide additional logging that would help our developers in the future. Thank you.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by Brillo View Post
      7:00:32 PM
      Application: NinjaTrader.exe
      Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. This message has the call stack in NT that caused the System.AccessViolationException that then led to the crash.
      This error, in particular, was traced back to the software used in the NinjaScript editor. We are working with the 3rd party which is responsible for those components. There is another thread on this subject here:

Since this particular error cannot be caught by the runtime, if you experience this issue again, it would be most helpful if we could have some information requested by these parties:

- The file which was edited
      - Details on what editing actions had been performed
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
        I am afraid that unless we analyze the specific situation that caused the crash in your instance, we cannot guarantee we can prevent or provide details needed to resolve it in the future. If you have a moment to provide us with the scenario required to reproduce the problem, we can either attempt to resolve or provide additional logging that would help our developers in the future. Thank you.
        Hello,

I sent an email to "[email protected]", (attn: Product Management // http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...582#post480582) with the strategy that produces a "crash" in NT8 RC2 (calculation removing parts that are not necessary) and the trace file.
        By eliminating the central parts an error "ERROR: Failed to load selected strategy 'NE0105': The Order property has not been set. Use the GetOrder method to get the value." occurs. But this does not affect to the crash. Simply compile and optimize the strategy and entering the ninth or tenth field in the optimization column the program will break.
        The pc is a i7 with 32GB RAM.

Kind Regards

Comment

Hello Alvaro,

I just wanted to follow up with you regarding my investigation into the script you sent us. I was able to determine the following :

• The script you sent us did not produce any crashes on my system. Ninja did, however, significantly lag and my processor and memory usage did spice whenever I modified a field, then switched to the next field
          • When I reduced the number of properties from 651 to 10, the lag dissappeared
          • The script you sent us had several duplicate Order=n values for n. When I produced a version of the script whose 651 properties all had unique Order= values, the message about the Order property not being set dissappeared

I am returning a copy of your strategy with all your properties, with unique Order=n values for every n, via e-mail. Please let us know if this does not resolve your query so we may investigate further.
          Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes