Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw.Text freeze in protected assembly

Hello support,

I have a protected assembly that goes out to our customers. We found a problem in testing where a particular indicator freezes when we apply a horizontal line and then open and close the "Drawing Object" window for that horizontal line (using the OK button to close, not Cancel).

This does not happen on my development PC where I run the source, unprotected version of this indicator.

To replicate the problem:
    - Import the attached ProtectTest.zip NinjaScript file.
    - Apply the indicator "Protected Sample change font" to a tick chart.
    - Observe how the indicator updates the High/Low numbers at the close of each bar.
    - Add a horizontal line to the chart.
    - Double click on the horizontal line to open the "Drawing Object" window.
    - Click OK to close the "Drawing Object" window.
    - Observe how the indicator no longer updates at the close of each bar.

If I open the Indicators window and close it with OK the indicator resumes normal functioning.

I used a tick chart for testing but the same issue happens on a minute chart.

This protected indicator is the same as your "Sample change font" indicator. I simply copied and renamed it and then created a protected assembly for it. I get the problem when I run this on a different computer, my beta tester has the same issue.

You can also add the "Sample change font" from your forums to the chart. Now when you double click the horizontal line and then close it you'll notice that it's only the protected version that freezes, not the source version.

I also attach a protected version of the default Tick Counter and you'll notice that it experiences the same problem. Seems the problem may have something to do with drawing text objects.

I hope you can find a fix for this.

Thanks and regards,
    Will.
    Attached Files

Hello willpf,

We have tested this behavior, and we are not able to reproduce.

May I confirm you are using the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.0.14)?

May I confirm that you have not modified the SampleChangeFont script in any way?

Attached are the open source and protected assembly versions of the SampleChangeFont sample.

Below is a link to a video that shows this script being exported and tested, so that you may ensure the code in the protected assembly is exactly the same as the open source version.
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Are you able to reproduce the behavior using the version that I have attached?
    (This export we can know for sure has no modifications)
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello support,

I confirm that I'm using the latest version of NinjaTrader 8.

I confirm that I have not modified SampleChangeFont (except for the name).

I was able to reproduce the problem with the protected assembly that you sent me.

In the video that you sent me you did not perform these steps:

- Add a horizontal line to the chart.
      - Double click on the horizontal line to open the "Drawing Object" window.
      - Click OK to close the "Drawing Object" window.
      - Observe how the indicator no longer updates at the close of each bar.

When I do this I replicate the problem. See the video: http://www.screencast.com/t/wQCXBunGh

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do, and of course if you can now replicate the problem.

Thanks and regards,
      Will.

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

I might have replied to myself instead of you when I updated this. Please check out the video. The bug is still there.

Thanks,
        Will.

Comment

Hello Will,

The behavior you have described where adding a drawing object, opening and closing the Drawing Objects window, and the indicator stops updating I am able to reproduce.

I have submitted a bug report to our development on this.

Once I have a tracking ID for this I will post this for future reference in this thread.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TraderBCL  
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes