Z Order on Charts with Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z Order on Charts with Indicators

I am unable to adjust the z order on charts with indicators. I am clicking on the indicator, then while holding the "Shift" key scrolling with the mouse wheel.

Should I be doing something different to adjust the display order of indicators on my charts?

Originally posted by josef View Post
    I am unable to adjust the z order on charts with indicators. I am clicking on the indicator, then while holding the "Shift" key scrolling with the mouse wheel.

Should I be doing something different to adjust the display order of indicators on my charts?
    You are correct in your steps:
    • Select the chart object (you should see anchor points)
    • Hold down SHIFT and use your scroll wheel to move the object up or down in Z-order

Lets do some tests to confirm that your scroll wheel is working. If you click on a blank area of your chart (so no object is selected) and scroll your mouse wheel, does your chart move forwards and backwards in time?

If not, can you test your scroll wheel in an application outside of NinjaTrader? Open an internet browser and go to any website. Can you use your scroll wheel to move up and down the website?

Comment

Yes when I scroll my chart moves forward and backwards and yes in also moves websites up and down.

Comment

Originally posted by josef View Post
        Yes when I scroll my chart moves forward and backwards and yes in also moves websites up and down.
        Open a new chart with no template and add a single EMA. Make sure the chart background color is white so it does not potentially hide the anchors or Z-order text. Test on this new chart to see if you can change the Z order of either object

If this still does not work, please write an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Include a link to this forum post and reference ticket number 1593749 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite  
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post frankthearm