• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash reloading all historical data

Crash reloading all historical data
    Repeatable
    use Market Replay.
    Multiple Tick Replay charts
    Put a strategy in each chart. My strats have OnMarketData. They load an additional bar series of one minute data but the primary chart is range.

While running in replay, right click a chart and ask to reload all historical data.

Access violation reading a data file.

I have settings set to record for Replay and to record as historical

See attached logs.
    Attached Files

Hello Brillo,

Thanks for your post.

In replicating what you have advised I find that the ability to reload historical data in market replay is not available (selection is grayed out). Can you confirm that you can actually selected "Reload all historical data" while connected to the playback connection and using market replay?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just right click a chart. see attached screen shot.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brillo View Post
        Just right click a chart. see attached screen shot.
        Mine's greyed out also and not accessible with "free key" in Playback-MR.

Are you in Playback-Historical?

Also - does it happen without these ATS items?

I will try on a machine with historical data.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post

In replicating what you have advised I find that the ability to reload historical data in market replay is not available (selection is grayed out). Can you confirm that you can actually selected "Reload all historical data" while connected to the playback connection and using market replay?
          NT_Paul - with a live key - connected to Playback-MR or Playback-Historical, I am able to select "Reload all historical data"

Nothing ever happens though, it keeps saying "Loading..." with the ... changing. I can start the playback controller and it plays - but keeps saying "Loading...".

I only had 1 chart open of 1 minute bars. I suspect more complexity with multiple charts.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            NT_Paul - with a live key - connected to Playback-MR or Playback-Historical, I am able to select "Reload all historical data"

Nothing ever happens though, it keeps saying "Loading..." with the ... changing. I can start the playback controller and it plays - but keeps saying "Loading...".

I only had 1 chart open of 1 minute bars. I suspect more complexity with multiple charts.
            Yes. Same problem here. In Replay I'm able to select the reload option from a chart. That's what led to the crash I wrote about at the beginning of this thread.

However, since then, I'm having chronic issues getting charts to load. It doesn't matter what connection I use. If I open a new workspace it's okay. But after I connect to MR and try to rewind it it says "loading..." w/no bars. Sometimes the bars appear but the "Loading doesn't go away."

I want to reset things. Was able to reset the DB but can't Update instruments. I get a message that says it can't connect to the database for that.

Comment

I solved my problem.
              0. Shut down NT8
              1. delete db\cache folder.
              2. Restart NT8
              The cache was corrupted. My cache was rebuild from the recording of historical data. If you don't have that you'll have to connect to your data provider to get it.

Comment

Hello Brillo/Sledge,

Thanks for your replies.

Sledge - thanks for the clue on the license key, with a live license key it does show the ability to reload historical data. There is no reason why there would be a difference between live and sim in this regard so I will be writing that up as a bug.

Brillo - With 5 range charts, tick replay enabled, each with a strategy that adds a one minute data series and accesses OnMarketData, using market replay data in playback, set to max, I selected reload all historical data and while it took several seconds it did not stop/crash I did see two error identical error messages, "failed to call "ADD" method....". I will be forwarding this information for further investigation.

I will update this thread when I have further information.
                Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post kujista
                by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM