Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Center window size not saved?

Dear NinjaTrader team,

it seems that the window size of the Control Center is not saved properly. It does not seem to be part of the workspaces, and it is not correctly recovered upon re-launching the application. For me, it keeps getting skinnier, until only the menu bar remains.

Thank you,
    best regards, Felix

I can't say I've seen this through any of the betas.

So all I would need to do is open and close NinjaTrader repeatedly and my Control Center will get smaller?

Comment

I've done about 24 times (according to logs) save and exit without save.

In Win10 4k screen, I butted a VIX chart against the right edge, and resource monitor on the bottom edge, and task manager on the top edge. tested laptop graphics processor and with run as->2nd nvidia processor.

Control Center did not shrink or move.

Comment

here are some screenshots. The first one was taken before exiting NT. It then came up with the second one. That's what it consistently seems to be doing right now. However, I have seen windows get smaller, beginning from the bottom, by about the height of the task bar between re-launches.

Cheers, Felix
        Attached Files

Comment

Does this happen in any other themes other than "Light" for you?

I was testing with "Slate Gray", and have used that across machines for a while (The White of Light is too blinding here!) - and I've never seen that which you have picture for!!!

Comment

I spent some time playing around with this. Here is what I found so far:
            * the bug is not related to the theme, same behavior with 'Slate Gray'
            * if I delete all workspaces, except for 'Default End Of Day', things are working as expected.
            * the issue is somehow related to me adding 2 more workspaces, both with a Strategy Analyzer window. it might be related to this one: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=90865
            * if the Control Center shows up skinny, this will be the same throughout all workspaces
            * deleting all workspaces, except for 'Default End Of Day' will fix the issue

From the usability point of view, I am not sure what is supposed to happen to the Control Center. Are size and position of this window part of a workspace? Or is this window saved globally and shared across all workspaces?

Best regards, Felix

Comment

Would it be possible for you to attach your workspaces, either to a forums reply or to an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing attn:ninjatrader_jessicap and 1595027 ?
              Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jessica,
                I have attached my workspaces.

Thank you,
                best regards, Felix
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello fbertram,

I was unable to reproduce what you have observed using these steps :

1. Set up a script to re-open Ninja every time I close it
                  2. Open all your workspaces
                  3. Repeatedly close Ninja
                  4. After several attempts, take a screenshot
                  5. Close Ninja, and take another screenshot
                  6. Compare the size of the control center between the two screenshots
                  7. Repeat the procedure with each of the three workspaces as the primary

While this forums post will be available to other people should they observe the same, I believe this is due to something specific to your system.

Thank you for your report and for your efforts to improve NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

thanks Jessica. I will see if I can find any other useful info or scheme to this.

Best regards, Felix

Comment

Originally posted by fbertram View Post
                      I spent some time playing around with this. Here is what I found so far:
                      * the bug is not related to the theme, same behavior with 'Slate Gray'
                      * if I delete all workspaces, except for 'Default End Of Day', things are working as expected.
                      * the issue is somehow related to me adding 2 more workspaces, both with a Strategy Analyzer window. it might be related to this one: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=90865
                      * if the Control Center shows up skinny, this will be the same throughout all workspaces
                      * deleting all workspaces, except for 'Default End Of Day' will fix the issue

From the usability point of view, I am not sure what is supposed to happen to the Control Center. Are size and position of this window part of a workspace? Or is this window saved globally and shared across all workspaces?

Best regards, Felix
                      I added 2 strategy analyzers, opened another workspace, added a strategy analyzer. Kept both open, various close/open attempts - and everything worked as expected (well a strategy analyzer window opened up behind everything until I resaved it). But it's position was the same. Added a market analyzer to first workspace. Tried with Nvidia graphics processor. Control Center never shrank.

Are your video drivers up to date? Which video card(s) are you using?
                      Win10 anniversary update? (I'm still on the version before).

Comment

I see this on Windows 10, Anniversary Update, on a Surface Pro 4, Intel Iris 540 drivers, as delivered by Microsoft.

Cheers, Felix

Comment

Might be the surface pro... (I don't have one).

I'm using a MSI ws60 6qj-025 here... https://us.msi.com/Workstation/WS60-...on&sku_no=1523

Hopefully someone else with a surface pro can try to replicate.
                          Last edited by sledge; 10-31-2016, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I can 2nd this as it happens to me as well. (Probably not nearly as bad though)
                            I am running windows 7 pro 64-bit on my desktop.
                            The control panel keeps moving ever so slightly higher from how low I keep trying to keep it at. Also, the height keeps reducing a little as well.

I am just trying to keep a thin CC window along the bottom edges of my screen, but every time I start NT8 up, the CC window slightly resized and slightly moved up yet again, even after saving changes.

Comment

Hello gubbar924,

Would it be possible for you to attach a screenshot of your windows system control panel? I have attached an example from my own system.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
                              Click here for instructions
                              Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                              Click here for detailed instruction
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM