Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

menus too far left

Dear NinjaTrader team,

On my machine all menus are offset to the left versus the menu heading. While this is just a cosmetic issue, it forces a quite unnatural mouse movement to actually select a menu entry. I have attached a screenshot, in case this is not what you see on your machines.

Thank you,
    best regards, Felix
    Attached Files

Maybe the issues are the screen resolution/aspect ratio.

at 2736x1824 at 267 PPI, with the same aspect ratio of 3:2

Comment

Hi sledge,
      Good thinking. Most of the time I am using an external monitor with 1080p resolution. I am seeing the same unfortunate menu positions on both the internal screen and the external monitor.

Cheers, Felix

Comment

I tried 1280x800 and 1280x600 on my win10 laptop 4k with 100% display scaling. (extra small).

I couldn't reproduce either issue.

I remember one person using a Surface Pro 3 a while ago (NT7). The only issues there were "system updates which were causing the machine id to change which caused havoc with 3rd party vendor licensing".

Even though it's not a valid comparison (different .net versions) - does NT7 works properly for you without issues?

Comment

What are the settings in System->Display->Advanced Display->Advanced Sizing and Other Options for each item under "Change only the text size". All of mine are are set to: "9".

And in System->Display->Advanced Display->ClearType Text-> Is it ON or OFF. (Mine is off).

*I didn't see any changes setting my title bars to 6 or 21. NT was unaffected.
          Last edited by sledge; 11-01-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

If you are on a tablet and your menus are appearing as in the attached image, it is likely that your handedness setting will need to be changed. You can change this in your Windows Control Panel, under Tablet PC Settings. If the "Right-handed" option is selected, the menus appear to the left and if the "Left-handed" option is selected, the menus appear to the right of your hand.

If this is not the case, please let us know so we may assist further.
            Attached Files
            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

all of my fonts are set to '9'. ClearType is on.

Comment

my system is set to right-handed.

Comment

You will want to set your system to "left handed" to change this behavior.

Comment

Jessica, setting the system to left-handed is not an option. This setting makes sure that you can rest your hand on the screen while using the stylus. NinjaTrader should display the menus underneath their title and not offset to either side - just like any other application does.

I have attached a screenshot from Notepad. Yes, the menus are offset to the left for right-handed operation. However, they are so far left that you can't go down in a straight line to reach them. NinjaTrader does the right thing by offsetting the menus to the left - it's just way too far.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by fbertram; 11-02-2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Hello fbertram,

I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :

This user would like to have menu positions display independently of the tablet handedness setting

I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Hi Jessica,

thanks for your follow up.

This user would like to have menu positions display independently of the tablet handedness setting
                        This does not accurately reflect what I am looking for. My request is actually the following:
                        Make sure that menus are positioned such that there is sufficient horizontal overlap between the active areas of menu title and menu entries. The current version of NinjaTrader has a gap instead of overlap, which requires the user to move the mouse along a much longer path. See attached picture.

Thank you,
                        best regards, Felix
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the additional information. While I realize you mentioned setting your display to left handed is not a solution, so that I can ensure I am sending the most accurate description possible to the product management team, could I ask you to temporarily select the left handed setting and observe how NinjaTrader performs? The reason I mention this is because the image you showed us is not typical of a non-tablet user's experience. The left handed setting will cause your tablet to perform the way most people's PCs do.

Comment

Hi Jessica,

attached you'll find a screenshot of how things look for left-handed operation. Pretty standard.

I also created a picture of the suggested position for right-handed operation. Note how the menu is still offset to the left, but way less, so that you can move down from the menu title to the menu entries in a straight line.

Thank you,
                            best regards, Felix
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for this clarification. I have modified the feature request as follows :

This user would like pulldown menus right-aligned with the right menu edge when using a tablet PC in the right-handed operation mode, and left-aligned with the left menu edge when using a tablet PC in the left-handed operation mode.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Irukandji  
                              Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                              3 responses