2 editors looking at the same code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 editors looking at the same code

Is there a way to open 2 editors and look at 2 different parts of a code in NT8?

When I open a second editor the first one goes blank.

Hello afshinmoshrefi, and thank you for your report.

The current specified behavior for the NS Editor allows multiple NS Editors to be opened at the same time, however only one editor can have a particular file open at a time.

With this in mind, I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :
    This customer would like to be able to have multiple instances of their code file open in multiple NinjaScript editor instances
    I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please also bear in mind that you can use your favorite code editor with NinjaTrader 8. Your NinjaScript files are located under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom . Every time you save a code file in an external editor with a NinjaScript editor window open, NinjaTrader will compile your code, and output any compile time errors to the NinjaScript editor window.

Please also check out our new and improved Microsoft Visual Studio integration,

This would allow you to use Visual Studio not only to edit your code, but to debug using multiple runtime breakpoints in your code as well.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Hasadafa  
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    11 responses
    0 likes