Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Blank spaces in chart (pre-market, minute not traded)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank spaces in chart (pre-market, minute not traded)

Hello

Something I'm trying to fix on my charting, a problem I find with equities and NT charting.
    If I enable pre/post market charting I notice the huge blank space that captures every minute, even if nothing traded. This causes huge disconnects from day to day on the chart and much wasted space. I want to see only the candle that traded, not a blank space where only time elapsed. The same goes for minute intra-day where it can make huge blank spaces on low volume stocks where no trades occur. . Most other charting software I have used has an option to show only trades which occurred, while ignoring blank trades/spaces.
    Is there a setting I missing? I have scoured every setting to try find a fix for this and the forum but no solution so far. I hope someone else has recognised and solved this problem, if so please would you kindly assist.

I have attached a picture as a good example of what I mean.
    Attached Files

Hello shaunpiercey,

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Properties'. Enable 'Equidistant bar spacing' and click OK. The price bars should now be evenly spaced from each other.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me.As suggested I clicked 'equidistant bar spacing' but still doesn't seem to solve the problem.
      I will attach a screen shot after I checked that box.
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series' Set 'Candle body outline' to White or another light color and click OK. Check if you now see price bars that clarify the gaps.

Comment

Hi Jason

By outlining the candle it has clarified the gaps, however I still have massive space in-between days... post and pre-market.You can see by the Time and Sales tape only a few trades went through post market and trading stopped at 19:55 EST, however NT chart shows blank space all the way through the night, right up until present.
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you please click the icon in the attached screenshot to eliminate the gap. Once a new price bar is plotted, it should plot next to the price bar plotted around 1:00.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
            0 responses