Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 Forced Restart While Trading the Futures

Hello,

I am hoping that someone here knows how to turn this setting off.

With Windows 10, Microsoft has changed things so that after updates are automatically installed, a window will pop-up and tell you that a restart is required.

And if you don't go into the settings and choose the time of the restart, your computer could restart while you're trading the markets, which is what happened to me today, while trading the futures markets.

When the pop-up message came up this morning, I was in a live trade and had to divert my attention away from managing the fast moving intraday futures trade, to trying to change the restart settings.

Then even though I changed the setting to restart at 9:00 pm, after I came back from making coffee this morning, my computer had restarted itself and I lost everything that I had open.

Luckily I was out of my trade by then.

Do the clueless control freaks at Microsoft even know how many problems they create for their customers and that they can cause a trader to lose serious money when they force such idiotic things on us?

If anyone here knows how to turn off the setting that has Windows automatically restart the computer after updates are installed, please list the steps here.

Thanks,

This is the way to completely disable automatic restarting. I'm using an installation of Windows 10 as a server and it hasn't restarted once.

Comment

Thanks jcrza,

I appreciate the info very much.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM