Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First indicator

Hi I am writing an indicator as a means to learn C# and Ninja Script

The basic concept of what I am trying to do is write an indicator that draws 4 lines on a chart and then moves an arrow around the chart based on how prices crosses the lines. This indicator serves no purpose other than as an exercise I am using to develop my coding skills.

I have coded most of the framework of what I am trying to do, but have got a bit stuck finding the Y value (the price) of the draw line objects.

I used stopValue = DrawObjects[stopTagName].GetValue(); with stopValue and stopTagName being two double varibles.

The error I am getting on compile is IDrawingTool which is the parent for DrawObjects, does not have the GetValue definition.

So my question for this post is how do you find the Y value (the Y value being a parameter each drawobject has) of any object, so I can add that to my stopValue variable?

attached is the code I have written, there are more compile errors than mentioned here, the intent is to work threw each solving the issues and eventually getting the indicator working.

I am sure there are better ways to approach the exercise, but as I have already said this is my first attempt at coding so I am expecting some of my code to be naïve. Also the over commented sections are for my benefit more so than others.PriceCrossingLines20161108.zip

Hello EastLondonKiwi,

Thanks for your post.

As there are a number of items to discuss, please send an e-mail to PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com. Set the subject to Atten: Paul and a link to this thread.

Thank-you.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Email sent

Comment

Hello EastLondonKiwi,

Thanks for your post. I have replied via e-mail.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes