Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator for Chart Template Name

Originally posted by alexstox View Post
    Hi and thank you for your support. Is it possible to know the current chart's template?

For instance, I would like to add a new chart and I want it to be looked like the current chart, but I don't remember how current chart's template is called among other templates. I didn't find any mention of template name in Properties of the current chart.
    Hi,

Until Ninja comes up with a solution, a quick fix is to add a simple indicator that will print your template name in the upper corner of the chart.

Use the attached indicator on your chart, then under the indicator parameters list change the label name to whatever name you like. Then save the chart template with your template name. Simple!

Cheers!
    Attached Files

Hi Aligator,

Is this indicator for NT8? Tried importing into NT7 and import failed.

Thanks for coding this!

Comment

Originally posted by Delerium View Post
      Hi Aligator,

Is this indicator for NT8? Tried importing into NT7 and import failed.

Thanks for coding this!
      The one up there is for NT8. Try this one for NT7.

Attach it to the chart then under the chart properties change Lable to your template name.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

The one up there is for NT8. Try this one for NT7.

Attach it to the chart then under the chart properties change Lable to your template name.
        File you indicated was for Ninja 8 does not import!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spooz2 View Post
          File you indicated was for Ninja 8 does not import!!!
          Both file in Post 1 for NT8 and the one in Post 3 for NT7 import fine for me using the standard NT import method.
          Not clear from your post what import method you are using. But you can unzip the files, extract the AName.sc and copy and paste in your bin>Custom>Indicators folder then simply open in editor and compile.

Comment

Both file in Post 1 for NT8 and the one in Post 3 for NT7 import fine for me using the standard NT import method.
            Not clear from your post what import method you are using. But you can unzip the files, extract the AName.sc and copy and paste in your bin>Custom>Indicators folder then simply open in editor and compile.
            AName.zip in post 1 does not import in my NT 8 using import function.

Comment

AName.zip in post 1 does not import in my NT 8 using import function.
              Can you manually install it as noted in post #5?

Comment

Can you manually install it as noted in post #5?
                Yes, I did install it using the .cs file! Frustrating after this rigamarole, it does not work on my charts (latest version NT 8) I tried the usual....cloising opening NT etc. Where on the chart should it appear?(

Comment

Yes, I did install it using the .cs file! Frustrating after this rigamarole, it does not work on my charts (latest version NT 8) I tried the usual....cloising opening NT etc. Where on the chart should it appear?(
                  Closing and opening NT does not compile the file. As I said in Post # 5 you need to open the NT editor,select and compile the file. Do you know how to compile in editor?

Regardless, I have re-posted the indicator in Post #1 for NT8. Download and install the zip file per NT8 to replace the older version.

The "AName" will appear in the top left corner of the chart. You can change the lable of "AName" to whatever your template name is under the chart properties.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred