Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SHARE: Cursor Tracker (panel highlighter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem, I hope the script works out well for you

Comment

Very Nice gubbar924!

Hi,

This is a very useful tool, I just downloaded it but have not installed yet.

I can think of one really needed feature that can perhaps be easily added to the options in the drop down menu, "A Floating Price" dragged by the cursor indicating the price for cursor location.

Something similar to the attached screenshot. For some reason the pointer picture will not be saved, so I used the cross hair. The printed price is for the cross point.

Thanks and Great job!

Edited: I just installed it, one suggestion you may want to consider:

Make the circle filled without border, just the filled circular area with an opacity level option. Perhaps similar to my screenshot. That way, overlapping is no issue for small bars legibility.

Thanks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by aligator; 05-02-2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

@aligator
        Thank you for the feedback, I've updated the script.

If you update to this version, please delete the existing CursorTracker.xml file.

Comment

Originally posted by gubbar924 View Post
          @aligator
          Thank you for the feedback, I've updated the script.

If you update to this version, please delete the existing CursorTracker.xml file.
          Thanks, gubbar,

One comment and 2 critical issues:

Comment: Opacity for the filled area is nice. However, the outline for the circle is still there. If the outline can not be deleted, one solution would be to assign a separate brush and opacity for circle outline so that it can be set to transparent.

Also, I have no idea if a trailing Price was plausible or not and whether you intend to include that also.

Now the Issues:

1. The add-on can not be uninstalled despite all the efforts, both your folder, the indicator, and xml file remain embed somewhere and keep showing up, even after removing from the PC, deleted from the trash can, and restarted the program.

Followed all the installation guide and un-installation. This I believe may be because the add-on is installed under the Tools in the Main Control Tools.

2. Perhaps, since the add-on is a drawing tool it should be installed under the Drawing Tool in the chart main menu, as all other default add-ons are installed. This would probably correct the un-installation issue.

Regardless, one should be able to uninstall the add-on.

Cheers!
          Last edited by aligator; 05-05-2018, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Hey aligator!

I've updated the script. My guess is that it was the drop shadow effect that was bugging you, so I changed the script to not add that effect if the user has selected to use the fill option. BUT, if thats not the case and it actually is the outer rim of the ellipse that is the issue, then all you have to do is open the script in the NT script editor window, comment out line 614 and uncomment line 616, compile (its the 6th icon from the right at the very top of the editor window), and restart NT.
            I've also made 2-3 minor adjustments in the OnWindowClose() method.

As for not being able to uninstall the script. Were you trying to get rid of the whole script, or where you just trying to delete just the CursorTracker.xml file? If its the latter, then its my add-on that keeps creating a new CursorTracker.xml file when one is missing. I asked users to delete their existing xml file because there was an update made to the xml's format and the new version of the script would not be able to use the old version anymore. So you just have to delete the existing file and the script will automatically replace it with a new correctly formatted version.
            In the case of you trying to remove the script completely, from within your Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\AddOns\TG folder, please delete the CursorTracker.cs file and the CursorTracker folder, then restart NT.

This addon script is not a drawingtool. It uses standard canvases and shapes which are rendered on top of the NT windows, independent of using any drawingtool related code. Admittedly this is not the ideal way of doing this but its working so far, the preferred method would require parts of visualtrees etc that are considerably trickier to get to since the script does not have access. Having said that, because of the access issues and due to the way the work-around had to be coded, adding a small trail of ellipses on mouse movement would actually make resource usage spike up, its probably better to avoid that route for now. Perhaps in the future when something changes, I can revisit the idea.

I hope that helps!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gubbar924 View Post
              Hey aligator!

.... I asked users to delete their existing xml file because there was an update made to the xml's format and the new version of the script would not be able to use the old version anymore. So you just have to delete the existing file and the script will automatically replace it with a new correctly formatted version.

In the case of you trying to remove the script completely, from within your Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\AddOns\TG folder, please delete the CursorTracker.cs file and the CursorTracker folder, then restart NT.

I hope that helps!
              Thank you gubbar,

Previously, I did follow your instructions; deleted the XML then installed your update. The cursor and the tracker became jumpy. Then I decided to uninstall and re-install the whole thing. Deleted all the TG and its contents, but the tracker kept showing after the restart.
              So, after a couple failed attempts I wrote my previous post.

I will do a complete Ninja re-install and will try to install your latest update again. I will report if my issues remain.

Many thanks, have fun.

Comment

That sounds more like an app level issue, maybe someone from the NT support team could chime in here as to what is going on?

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your patience.

Please send us your log and trace files if this continues on your end.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                    Hello aligator,

Thank you for your patience.

Please send us your log and trace files if this continues on your end.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.
                    Thank you PatrickH,

After I delete this indicator from the folder, removed from my computer, the Indicator will still remain on the Control Menu, Tools. On the restart of Ninja, the indicator will show up on the chart and gets re-installed in the AddOns folder, weird!

The only way I just discovered to completely remove it from the Control window is to delete the default "Untitled" workspace, restart Ninja and let is create a new default workspace.

This indicator seems to somehow gets embed and saved in the main control center and and perhaps in the Documents/NinjaTrader8 and re-installs itself on startup.

For now, I stopped using the indicator until someone else reports same behavior (may be no issue). However, the indicator asks for permission on installation to affect the program settings, to which one needs to agree.

I have suggested for the indicator to be coded to install as a drawing tool instead of a control feature under tools, if that is more appropriate.

Thanks again.

Comment

I tested this as well, and it seems that we cannot just simply remove an add-on by deleting the file(s) from the folder, I think it may be due to the way NT uses AddOn files.

Do this instead, it worked for me:
                      1. Open a NinjaScript Editor window.
                      2. In the window pane on the right, under the AddOns folder, within the TG folder, CursorTracker will be listed; right-click on it, select "Exclude From Compilation". (Make sure it is checkmarked)
                      3. Again in the window pane on the right, double-click on any other script name to open the file in the editor. Once the file is opened, click on the "Compile" button at the top of the window, it is the 6th button from the right.
                      4. Once compilation has completed, you can close the editor window, save your workspace, exit NT8.
                      5. Next time you run NT, it should not load the CursorTracker addon. At this point, you should be able to delete the file(s) without them reappearing.

Comment

Awesome addon, thank you very much. It is working fine but I keep getting log entries in my Control Center regarding the tracker and output window.

Unable to create instance of NinjaScript 'UserSettings'. Most likely either the implementation no longer exists, there is no default constructor defined, the default constructor does not work correctly, or the 'OnStateChange' implementation for State=SetDefaults is flawed: System.MissingMethodException: Constructor on type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.AddOns.TG.UserSettings' not found. at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) at System.Reflection.Assembly.CreateInstance(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) at NinjaTrader.Core.AssemblyRegistry.set_Item(String assemblyName, Assembly value)
                        CursorTracker.OnMouseEnter threw an [System.NullReferenceException]
                        Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.AddOns.TG.CursorTracker.On MouseEnter(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
                        Last edited by cutzpr; 07-12-2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Hello cutzpr,

Thank you for your post.

I am not seeing the same errors on my end when I test the add on. Can you send me your log and trace files so I may look into this matter further?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, someone else had mentioned this error as well (along with a fix for it).

I think the error shows up when the version of NT8 is changed/updated after this script has already been imported.

I've added the suggested change in script and it seems to be working well, I just haven't had a chance to upload it yet, I'll do so shortly.

Comment

a new version has been uploaded

07/25/2018
                              - minor bug fix: object instance error when mouse is over chart while NT8 or workspace is still loading.
                              - minor bug fix: System.MissingMethodException logged at load of NT, special thanks to AntiqueBrass for not only pointing this out, but for also supplying a fix!

Comment

Hello gubbar,

unfortunately it doesn´t work. It makes nothing. Clicking on Other options makes also nothing…

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                                115 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post kevinenergy  
                                Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH