X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Markers Plus Drawing Tool

@NinjaTrader_PaulH,

Hi Paul,

Nice Drawing Marker Tool, thanks a bunch. A suggestion to deal with clutter:

Would it a big deal to revise this Drawing tool so that all markers are grouped as a sub menu under "Chart Markers Plus" similar to the default "Chart Markers" in the drop down menu.
    This would shorten the vertical length of the drop down menu to fit the screen.

Thanks

Hello aligator,

Thanks for your post.

The Drawing tools list, for the NinjaTrader chart markers in the subpanel are hardcoded within the drawing tools list display and no means are exposed for adding further sub menus.
    I will create a feature request for this, and will update this thread when I have further information.
    Thanks for your input.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello aligator,

The feature request has been created as SFT-4329, "Ability to add a submenu to the Chart Drawing Tools menu".

Thanks for your interest in improving NinjaTrader.
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, was this feature ever implemented? Can we add a submenu to the Chart Drawing Tools menu?

Thank you!

Comment

Hi neoikon, thanks for writing in. We have an example attached that adds a contact menu to the Drawing tools menu. To import it, go to Tools>Import>NinjaScript Addon.

Kind regards,
          -ChrisL
          Attached Files
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
            Hi neoikon, thanks for writing in. We have an example attached that adds a contact menu to the Drawing tools menu. To import it, go to Tools>Import>NinjaScript Addon.

Kind regards,
            -ChrisL
            Thank you NinjaTrader_ChrisL ; NinjaTrader_PaulH

I orginally started this thread asking PaulH if possible to place his Chart MarkerPlus drawing tools under a Drawing Tools submenu.

Would you kindly incorporate Paul's add-on in submenu example, as requested in starting post above.

Many thanks.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisL , Thank you for the response. I imported the ZIP file and I only see a "ContextMenuDrawingToolExample" drawing tool, but not an actual submenu (the way that the built-in "Chart Markers" behave). I see no "right arrow" on the item and nothing happens when I hover over it. If I click on it, it simply works as a Line object.

Am I missing something? Thank you!

aligator Are you seeing something different with the ZIP file?
              Last edited by neoikon; 10-17-2022, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Hi neoikon, I see the example does not add any submenus. This feature request that paul has added is still pending, so I will add a vote to this feature request for you.

Kind regards,
                -ChrisL
                Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh man, I was really excited that there was a possible solution. Disappointing.

Is it possible to have a Drawing Tool/object that is available to NinjaScript but does NOT appear in the Drawing Tools dropdown for the user to use? I have drawing objects that I coded to be outputted by indicators, but they are cluttering up the Drawing Tool dropdown (which is why I wanted to just stick them all into a submenu).

EDIT: looks like setting DisplayOnChartsMenus to false while in "SetDefaults" does the trick! Shame, though. I would be nice to have these drawing tools available to the user, but just not all in their face and cluttering up the drawing tool list. Instead, I'm forced to make them not available at all. Yes, definitely another vote to have a "submenu" option!

Thank you
                  Last edited by neoikon; 10-17-2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin