Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarInfo Indicator

Hello @gubbar924,

Really like your BarInfo indicator. Thank you for building. I display only time, open, high, low and close on time charts, but the resources it consumes are extremely intensive. Granted I have a large workspace with many charts, but this indicator consumes the most resources bar far. I noticed that it is locked to calculate only OnEachTick. Are you able to modify to allow calculating OnPriceChange? Is there anything else that will help reduce the resources needed?

Also, and this is definitely a nice to have....when displaying time it shows 'Time: Tuesday,....' Is there a way to shorten either 'Time' to 'T' and/or 'Tuesday' to 'Tues'? I have small charts and the info wraps to a second row so just trying to save space.

Thanks in advance!
    Efrem

To the community,

Is there a resource efficient way to add Open/High/Low/Close to a chart? See top of attached chart.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello ezvi4,

This would be possible with WPF modifications. My colleague Chelsea has some samples posted that can give some further direction on how WPF modifications can be made to add a toolbar. Similar modifications can then be made to present the Open/High/Low/Close which can be fetched from OnBarUpdate.

These samples can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...considerations

We look forward to assisting.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can change it to OnPriceChange without issue. However if you want lower resource usage modify the indicator and remove the code block for OnMarketData()

Comment

Hello Jim,

I am not tracking the WPF modifications thread as I am not a pro in Ninjascript yet. All I am looking for is OHLC on a chart. I think we can agree that this is basic information that is standard on every other platform that I have seen. Are you saying that I would need to hire a third party consultant to have this added to my chart in a resource friendly way? Isn't there anything NT can provide?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

is there a way how to get delta to the indicator BarInfo? I mean how to get delta to the list of the displayed values?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello emuns,

By Delta are you referring to the High[0] - Low[0]?

You may be able to add this to the scripts custom UpdateValues() method. I would recommend using .GetHigh() and .GetLow() as it appears this method can be called from non-data-driven methods.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,
                by Delta I mean Bid - Ask.

I was able to add there Range (High[0] - Low[0]), but Delta seems to be more complicated.
                If I were to do it in a new indicator, that wouldn't be a problem for me, but I don't know how to add it to that indicator.

Last edited by emuns; 02-13-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Hello emuns,

Thanks for your reply.

You could consider adding a Bid/Ask series and finding the difference between each data series' Volumes[][] series.

Historical Bid/Ask series - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._ask_serie.htm

Multi Time Frame and Instruments - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

We look forward to being of further assistance.
                  JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jclose
                  by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  10 responses