Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User App Share not working

Hello there,

I tried to download some scripts from the User App Share today but it didn't work, I tried to download the following scripts:

Candlesticks Chartstyle With Outline + Opacity

Candlestick Doji

Labeled Lines Drawing Tool

Is there anybody who got this scripts available to send me the scripts? Does any problem with the web?

Thanks
    Last edited by NicoDuqueA123; 03-03-2020, 07:38 PM.

Hello NicoDuqueA12,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

The user app page for each app will show an orange button that shows "downLoad", after you click that button a "Pop-up" window will appear where you would need to check the check box to agree to the terms and conditions, once checked a Blue "download" labeled button would appear where you can click and the download will actually occur, typically the zipped file would be downloaded to your downloads folder.

If you are not seeing the pop-up window, it may be that you have enabled a pop-up blocker. In that case you can disable the pop-up blocker software or possibly use another browser.

Once you have the file(s) downloaded, here are the directions for installation (Assuming you are using NinjaTrader8):

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools>import>Ninjascript add-on..
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
    Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

Thaks for your reply, unfortunately I couldn't make it yet, I see the download button and click on it but the pop up window don't show up, I checked my browser (Google chrome) looking If any blocker option was running but it did not, I also tried with internet Explorer, Firefox and finally in my smarphone but no one of them worked, I'm uploading a capture to show what is going on the browser, it keeps trying to refresh the web. Is there any option to get the files I need from the forum? Can you send me the scripts by mail? I use ninja 8.

Thanks.
      Last edited by NicoDuqueA123; 03-05-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Hello NicoDuqueA123,

Thanks for your reply and efforts.

If you have any antivirus running you might try disabling it for a short test to see if that allows the download window to show.

It will be better in the long run if you can figure out what on your end is preventing your system from being able to download the files. You may want to get local help with your PC to resolve the issue o if you have access to another PC you can try that.

The ability to download these files is predicated on acknowledging the terms and conditions. I've attached an example of what the pop-up window will look like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T&C.PNG
Views:	1038
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1089503

Here is what it looks like after you click the Terms and Conditions check box:

Click image for larger version

Name:	T&Cdownload.PNG
Views:	1022
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1089504

Comment

Hello Paul,

Tnanks for you reply, Yesterday, I was able to download finally the scripts, the way to solve it for me was a little tricky, after my first failure, two friends tried in their houses to download the scripts but the same situacion happened, the pop up window didn't show up, even my cousin who live in Canada tried to do it and same happen, I think it is possible that the HTML o JS code for browser needs to be checked for some browsers like chrome and internet explorer, because I used the browser called puffin and it finally worked.

Comment

Hello NicoDuqueA123,

Thanks for your reply.

Glad to hear you were able to get it downloaded and sorry that it was such an effort.

Based on your feedback I asked the IT team to check and they tested Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Only Internet Explorer did not display the pop-up. They are investigating further and I will pass along any new information.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
              Hello NicoDuqueA123,

Based on your feedback I asked the IT team to check and they tested Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Only Internet Explorer did not display the pop-up. They are investigating further and I will pass along any new information.

Hi Paul,

Have you all come up with any solution? It appears many of the members are having this download issue, just note the increasing number of threads in the forum reporting the issue. Personally, I have tried everything your Support have asked me to do, yet nothing works and the pop-up window does not show.

Your Associates' canned responses "I have no problem at my end and send me the following information" is getting old, producing no results, and is a waste of your resources.

Comment

Hello Alligator,

Thanks for your post.

Are you having a downloading issue?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                  Hello Alligator,

Thanks for your post.

Are you having a downloading issue?
                  Yes, I did and a lot of other people do. But I think I may have resolved the download and pop up window issue now, at least for Chrome. Need to do the following Turn pop-ups on

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
                  2. At the top right, Settings.
                  3. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
                  4. Click Pop-ups and redirects.
                  5. Make sure https://ninjatrader.com is added for Allow. If not add the link.
                  6. Click on ninjatrader link < go to pop-ups and redirect, turn the setting to Allowed.
                  That took care of it for me. I assume a similar fix is needed for other browsers.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes