Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for Multi TF bar overlay(indicator or chartstyle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Multi TF bar overlay(indicator or chartstyle)

Hello.

I am looking for an indicator or chartstlye that would dispaly another bar interval over the current one. For example, if the primary bar series is a 15 minute chart, I would like to see the 60 minute candle overlayed onto the 15 minute chart.

I have a ChartStyle that does this and is very efficient(and loads up quickly). You can see the example of this in the attached image labeled "a.png." This one works simply by drawing a 60min(or whatever u choose) onto the chart. The issue with this is simply that I would want the leading edge of the candle to be shifted, and I haven't been able to get the modification of it working, as it is drawn using sharpDX.

I also have an indicator that accomplishes something similar, and this one is built simply by counting bars. So if you were on a 15 min chart, and wanted to see an hourly bar, you would set the period at 4, and it actually plots the way I want. The issue with this one, is that it is somewhat heavy(slow to load), and not quite as robust as the the one above in the ability to add whatever bar interval you want.

This is a pretty common use-case I think, so is there one somewhere I am unaware of?

Attached Files

Hello forrestang,

Thank you for your note.

You could essentially do something similar by adding a 15 minute candlestick series and a 60 minute box style series to a chart without needing an indicator - however, this would have the same effect where the box would start before the candle you want.

I took a look at our publicly available User App Share but didn't see anything like you've described. You may want to check it out to see if there may be something I have missed:

If you can't find what you're looking for there, I would be happy to have a member of our business development team reach out with a list of NinjaScript Consultants who may be able to either assist you with the changes you'd need to make to the ChartStyle or create a new one for you.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by forrestang View Post
      I am looking for an indicator or chartstlye that would dispaly another bar interval over the current one. For example, if the primary bar series is a 15 minute chart, I would like to see the 60 minute candle overlayed onto the 15 minute chart.
      As an alternative.. although not free.. and not yet added to the ecosystem..
      I believe this will do exactly what your wanting and maybe even a bit more..

-=Edge=-
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
      2 responses