Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8: MACD Histogram bars GREEN on UP bars, RED on DOWN bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8: MACD Histogram bars GREEN on UP bars, RED on DOWN bars?

Hello,

I mainly use Tradingview for my charting but I am trying to get my setup on NT8 since I execute my trades from your platform.

I cannot find an NT8 script that allows me to make all MACD DOWN bars = RED, and all MACD UP bars = Green. I've attached an example of how it looks on my current charts on TV, can someone please help me get something like this for NT8?

I tried to google all sorts of custom indicators, the closest I got was GREEN bars when they are above the zero line, and RED bars below the zero line... but it is not exactly what I need...

Thank you.

Hello LenovoX1E,

Thanks for your post.

You would need to create a custom indicator to get the performance you are looking for.

If you would like to create this yourself, we can provide reference links to help get you started with Ninjascript which is based on C# programming language.

To create a custom indicator you would open the existing MACD indicator and right mouse click on the code and select save as, then provide a new name for the indicator and click OK. This then leave the editor showing the code of the indicator you copied and closed the original (which is locked to prevent changes). In the new indicator, in the OnBarUpdate() section you would need to create the logic to color the "Diff" plot (this is the Histogram) according to your needs and then change the color using PlotBrushes[][]. reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lotbrushes.htm

If you would like this customization done for you, we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers that can provide that service.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post chbruno
    by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM