MahToolbar v4 Remove all Drawing Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MahToolbar v4 Remove all Drawing Objects

Hello Aligator. I'm using your MahToolbar v4 with NT 8.0.22.2. For me, your "Remove all Drawing Objects" button only removes a single highlighted drawing object after clicking it, acting more like the Delete key than the built-in "Remove all Drawing Objects" submenu item that actually deletes them all. Is this expected behavior? Thanks!

Hello ProfitSeeker,

Thank you for your post.

This behavior for the MahToolBar v4 is expected. The 'Remove all drawing objects' icon will remove a highlighted drawing object from the chart window instead of removing all drawing objects from the chart.

Please let us know if we may further assist.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
      Hello ProfitSeeker,

Thank you for your post.

This behavior for the MahToolBar v4 is expected. The 'Remove all drawing objects' icon will remove a highlighted drawing object from the chart window instead of removing all drawing objects from the chart.

Ok, understood. Perhaps the word "All" can be removed to more accurately describe the actual behavior of the button? Besides that, I appreciate Aligator's efforts to provide a toolbar with added value for free. Thanks BrandonH for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfitSeeker View Post
        Hello Aligator. I'm using your MahToolbar v4 with NT 8.0.22.2. For me, your "Remove all Drawing Objects" button only removes a single highlighted drawing object after clicking it, acting more like the Delete key than the built-in "Remove all Drawing Objects" submenu item that actually deletes them all. Is this expected behavior? Thanks!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
        Hello ProfitSeeker,

Thank you for your post.

Hi,

@NinjaTrader_BrandonH, @ProfitSeeker

I think there is some confusion here. It works fine for me, and after over 2500 downloads @ProfitSeeker is the only one raising this issue.

What is expected for mahToolBar4 Icon is that ALL drawing objects actually drawn by you, not an indicator or a code, SHOULD BE REMOVED. You do not need to highlight anything, just click the Trash Icon in mahToobar4, answer yes, and all hand (mouse) drawn objects will be deleted.

Highlighting and "Deleting" one object only is a NinjaTrader feature and is expected. In fact, in NinjaTrader you can highlight and delete only one object at a time. However, clicking the Trash Icon in mahToolBar4 will remove all of the drawn objects, even if you have highlighted only one object. That is why I added this Icon to do a wholesale objects removal in the active chart and behaves exactly like the default Remove All Drawing Object tool. See the attached screenshot.

Cheers!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Hi,

@NinjaTrader_BrandonH, @ProfitSeeker

I think there is some confusion here. It works fine for me, and after over 2500 downloads @ProfitSeeker is the only one raising this issue.

What is expected for mahToolBar4 Icon is that ALL drawing objects actually drawn by you, not an indicator or a code, SHOULD BE REMOVED. You do not need to highlight anything, just click the Trash Icon in mahToobar4, answer yes, and all hand (mouse) drawn objects will be deleted.

Highlighting and "Deleting" one object only is a NinjaTrader feature and is expected. In fact, in NinjaTrader you can highlight and delete only one object at a time. However, clicking the Trash Icon in mahToolBar4 will remove all of the drawn objects, even if you have highlighted only one object. That is why I added this Icon to do a wholesale objects removal in the active chart and behaves exactly like the default Remove All Drawing Object tool. See the attached screenshot.

Cheers!

Hello aligator. I know of other traders that are experiencing the same behavior. However, a fellow trader (shout out to Ben) recently figured out a workaround by configuring the hot key for "Remove drawing objects" to Ctrl+Del as shown in the attached screenshot (default is unconfigured). The MahToolbar4 trash icon now removes all drawing objects. I'm not sure why there is a discrepancy, but the workaround has resolved the issue. Thanks for your response.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MahToolbar Remove Drawing Objects Hotkey.png
Views:	760
Size:	859.8 KB
ID:	1126258

Comment

Originally posted by ProfitSeeker View Post

Hello aligator. I know of other traders that are experiencing the same behavior. However, a fellow trader (shout out to Ben) recently figured out a workaround by configuring the hot key for "Remove drawing objects" to Ctrl+Del as shown in the attached screenshot (default is unconfigured). The MahToolbar4 trash icon now removes all drawing objects. I'm not sure why there is a discrepancy, but the workaround has resolved the issue. Thanks for your response.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MahToolbar Remove Drawing Objects Hotkey.png Views:	0 Size:	859.8 KB ID:	1126258
            That is exactly correct, the Hot Key assigned to Remove All Drawn Object is Ctrl+Del in the code. If you check Line 1150 in the code you will see the assignment as "^{Delete}" for the Hot key. This was not a workaround, simply the hot key was missing on your Hot Key List.

The default Hot Key list does not have assigned Hot Keys for everything. However, one can assign a Hot Key for a certain function. Actually, there are a few of the mahToolBar4 Hot Keys that I had to create and add to my Hot Keys list. I think in my original posting I advised that for some of the hot keys to function one must add them to the Hot Keys List.

Most likely, you and others may have the hot key missing on the list or Ctrl+Del had been assigned to some other function by another indicator.

My advise is to open the indicator parameters menu and make sure all icons have an associated assigned Hot Key on the Hot Keys list. If not, add them to the list for those few icons to become functional.

You can open the code in NinjaTrader editor and you will see the hot key assignments between lines 977 to 1180.

Hope this helps. Let me know if any issues.

Cheers!

Here is a screenshot of my list for mahToolBar4. Compare and make sure your Hot Keys list is updated to include some mahToolBar4 custom keys to become functional.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by aligator; 11-05-2020, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Hey aligator . That's makes sense. Thank you for the clarification, the screenshot of your settings, and creating this very helpful toolbar! Be blessed...

Comment

Hello aligator , I'm using your indicator mahToolBar and it work great, but I have a problem.
                When I reaload any Ninjascript in a chart, the toolBar is duplicated twice time, see attached:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mahtoolbar.png
Views:	502
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1147274

I checked and I have not two indicator mahToolBar in both tabs, but only in one of them.

Have you an idea to solve this problem?

thank you, best regards

AndreaBHS

Comment

@AndreaBhs,

I think this is an issue with NT that when you are duplicating a "TAB" the second chart will plot again any indicator that is plotted in the main menu. Sometimes You will see the same issue if you use any other indicator that is plotted in the main menu such as ToogleTrades, ToggleClock, etc.

I see that the chart you have problem with is a duplicate of your first TAB. The workaround is when you are duplicating a tab make sure to remove any indicator that installs in main menu (mahToolBar in this case) then duplicate. Once duplicated, install the mahToolBar indicator in both tabs.

I am personally not a fun of TAB duplication because this had a history of problematic issues. One thing for sure we can't tell if certain indicators on the chart area are plotted more than once on the duplicated charts because they are simply overlaid. If so, that can be a performance issue.

I would suggest either stop using TAB duplication or use a plain chart as your first TAB and duplicate that same first TAB as many times as you wish, then customize each new tab separately with your desired indicators. This way I am sure no indicator is being duplicated, either on the chart or in the main menu. Finally, save the whole thing as a workspace.

Let me know if this helped.

Cheers!
                  Last edited by aligator; 03-18-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Hello aligator ,

I will try as you suggest me and let you know

thank you for your prompt reply!

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes