Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ColorThePlot

HI,
    Thanks a lot NinjaTrader_PaulH for ColorThePlot.
    Very nice and very useful for colour the background on scalping.
    I waited a long time for it.
    But, I can’t use it with Supertrend.
    Hi don’t change the colour immediately.
    Maybe it is possible to make a “0” slope period?
    Sincerely
    Georges
    Attached Files

Hello georges61,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not sure what you mean by "don't change the color immediately" - could you clarify a bit? This indicator is provided as is and isn't necessarily guaranteed to work with every indicator.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kate for your post
      Change the colour immediately is explained on attached file in comparison with Supertrend
      It's a shame that it doesn't work with Supertrend because it's the only indicator that I know that allows the background to be colored.
      Sincerely
      Georges

Comment

have you solved the problem yet? what do you do after that?

Comment

Hello edythe15 and georges61,

The indicator is open source and the code can be modified to support changing the background color if there is neutral slope.

The code would need to check for neutral slope and use a neutral slope color for BackBrush/BackBrushAll when the neutral slope is found. The code currently colors the background only based on an up or down direction in the code block under line 219.

We look forward to assisting.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim for your help
            I added the formula directly into the indicator text and it works now
            Sincerely
            Georges
            Attached Files

Comment

Description: This indicator can be used to color the rising and falling conditions of most any other indicators plot when used as the input series to this indicator. ColorThePlot offers the ability to select rising and falling colors, sound alerts, email, alerts, Direction change marking, panel color based on direction, bar coloring based on direction. […]

Has this been converted to NT8

Comment

Here is the NinjaTrader 8 version !!
                Description: This indicator can be used to color the rising and falling conditions of most any other indicators plot when used as the input series to this indicator. ColorThePlot offers the ability to select rising and falling colors, sound alerts, email, alerts, Direction change marking, panel color based on direction, bar coloring based on direction. […]

Comment

the description looks nothing like the nt7 version, I do not think they are near the same, NOT sure of course

I will give it a shot

Comment

Originally posted by DTSSTS View Post
                    the description looks nothing like the nt7 version, I do not think they are near the same, NOT sure of course

I will give it a shot
                    They are the same. Read the second paragraph of the description in NT8 version. It summarizes the NT7 examples into a second paragraph.

Comment

Yes thanks. I did download and once I applied I could see pretty much. Very Nice Indicator. IF support read this, Is there a way to Show Label instead of Indicator. You might be showing an indicator that has multiple Plots, of course you are only plotting One of them per instance of the CTP, so you end up with multiple plots with all the same name and plot name as well

I was think of creating multiple indicator from the CTP and changing the plot name per use planned. But when I distribute the end produce they would be so many individual indicators being installed ie 1 indicator per plot
                      Thanks
                      Last edited by DTSSTS; 10-29-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DTSSTS View Post
                        Yes thanks. I did download and once I applied I could see pretty much. Very Nice Indicator. IF support read this, Is there a way to Show Label instead of Indicator. You might be showing an indicator that has multiple Plots, of course you are only plotting One of them per instance of the CTP, so you end up with multiple plots with all the same name and plot name as well

I was think of creating multiple indicator from the CTP and changing the plot name per use planned. But when I distribute the end produce they would be so many individual indicators being installed ie 1 indicator per plot
                        Thanks
                        I don't quite understand the question. But just guessing, if you want to apply this indicator to paint an indicator with multiple plots such as MACD, then you can select the individual plot to be painted. Alternatively, you can hide the other plots by changing their brush to Transparent.

Comment

I am plotting the desired plot I want to see, and I am plotting several applied with the CTP, issue is you look in the DATA BOX and everything shows up as the same indicator name for each of the plots (I have them labeled with the actual plot I used. and then the Plot Name in the DATABOX for each is CTPplot so at a glance you really not sure which shown in DATABOX is what

Comment

Unrelated I do have an issue using the CTP, I have on chart 5 upper panel plots and 1 lower panel plots all of which I see and are correct NO Problem with that

When I saved the chart as a template a message appeared on the chart that will not go away and all my plots are still present so I did not lose any thing

MESSAGE IS

Please re-open the ColotThePlot (color missed spelled in messsage) Indicator, locate the "Panel" and select "New Panel". thank you

WILL NOT GO AWAY

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

It would be very cool if ColorThePlot could identify the name of the indicator plot and change the name seen in the data box accordingly.

As I see, this is not possible. We can change a plot name in State.Configure, but in order to give a meaningful name, we need to identify what that assigned plot is and get the name associated with that plot. I don't see that being possible without adding an instance of the indicator within ColorThePlot, and comparing what the plot values are vs the input series values, which we cannot do in State.Configure.

Could you clarify on how to set up the template issue with steps? We could ask NinjaTrader_Paul to take a look if we get the template issue down to some steps.
                              JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post lorem
                              by lorem

Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              12 responses