New mahToolBar Version 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mahToolBar Version 6

A new Version6 of mahToolBar indicator has been posted in User Apps downloads.

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-mahtoolbar-2/

This version added several new icons for NT8 default Drawing Tools plus additional chart management tools. The indicator installs drawing tools icons in the NinjaTrader 8 Main Toolbar to save chart space and for a one-click function.

Also included in the zip file is the highly sought after Horizontal Ray (with price labels) Add-On which will install automatically with the default NT8 installation process.

Please create the following Hot Keys needed for the icons to function, if not already exist.

StayInDrawMode = Ctrl+Home
    SaveChartImage = Alt+S
    LoadTemplates = Alt+T
    HorizontalRay = Ctrl+End // Need to have the HorizontalRay Add-On Installed.
    RefreshChart = F5

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aligator; 04-07-2021, 12:06 PM.

Hi aligator, thanks very much for sharing. This looks really nice.

Best regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi aligator, i just installed it and it looks great. Thanks. Have one question though, I'm facing problem/bug with the "Line" tool. It seems like it does nothing as i click on it. Every other Drawing Tool (Ruler, Trade Channel, Ray, ...) works just fine. Only Line seems not responding. Is anybody else facing it or is just me?!
      I'm using NT8.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Janc33 View Post
        Hi aligator, i just installed it and it looks great. Thanks. Have one question though, I'm facing problem/bug with the "Line" tool. It seems like it does nothing as i click on it. Every other Drawing Tool (Ruler, Trade Channel, Ray, ...) works just fine. Only Line seems not responding. Is anybody else facing it or is just me?!
        I'm using NT8.

Best regards.
        I have no problem with "Line" tool and I don't think it is related to this indicator since "Line" is a NT8 default drawing tool with a Hot Key = F2.

However, you may want to check that the Hot Key F2 for "Line" is not assigned to any other functions, most likely if you are running a third party indicator or add-on.

Let me know if/how you resolved this issue.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi, you were right. It works perfectlly. I had a custom Hot Key set for "Line". Set it to F2 and it works now. Didn't think of it as a possible cause, because ich have custom Hot Key for "Trend Chennel" also, but no problems there. Whatever, everything works now perfectlly.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Janc33 View Post
            Hi, you were right. It works perfectlly. I had a custom Hot Key set for "Line". Set it to F2 and it works now. Didn't think of it as a possible cause, because ich have custom Hot Key for "Trend Chennel" also, but no problems there. Whatever, everything works now perfectlly.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!
            To avoid future issues, I recommend not changing the NT8 default hot keys. Instead, create your own custom hot keys for any custom functions.

Cheers!

Comment

any chance this indicator (amazing btw) can be made compatible with NT7? Thanks
              I am mostly interested in a horizontal ray with custom label.

Comment

Originally posted by marktrading View Post
                any chance this indicator (amazing btw) can be made compatible with NT7? Thanks
                I am mostly interested in a horizontal ray with custom label.
                The DrawingTools Class for NT7 is not open to public and their lines can not be customized for an add-on. So, there is no add-on for a horizontal line drawing tool. Perhaps, someone can creates a custom indicator button to drop a horizonal line, it is doable.

fwiw, I used to prefer NT7 (with all the freezing, bugs, and performance issues) after NT8 was published. But once I get used to multi-channel, fast, and virtually issue free NT8 I would never spend any time on NT7. However, if you are interested in a left-side vertical tollbar without a horizontal line tool perhaps you can use my attached mahToolBar indicator for NT7. Let me know if it works.

Cheers!
                Attached Files

Comment

thank you very much I will test it. The only reason for nt8 is that on a 3000x2000 display NT8 cancel buttons for stop loss targets (x button) looks very small and unusable. Hopefully they will fix in a next release as Ninjatrader is aware of the issues with high resolutions monitors. All the rest is neat and fine! It is a surface book that shares this screen with all the microsoft lineup of notebooks including the newest one so nothing exotic or rare. Thanks for the info on indicators classes and development. Still getting used to it.

Comment

A-mahTrendGRaBer-V2 For NT8 When try to import - it is saying it is built from older version. my NT8 version is 8.0.24.2 Please advise

Comment

Hello molleti,

The hosted file contains the two following importable files for NinjaTrader 8. I haver attached them here, and I have asked our Marketing team to replace the hosted file with a directly importable zip file for revision 2.

aligator, if you would like revision #1 hosted on the User App Share, please create a new User App Share submission as the hosted files need to be directly importable.

Thanks, and we look forward to assisting.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 05-04-2021, 08:18 AM.
                      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
                        Hello molleti,

The hosted file contains the two following importable files for NinjaTrader 8. I haver attached them here, and I have asked our Marketi89ng team to replace the hosted file with a directly importable zip file for revision 2.

aligator, if you would like revision #1 hosted on the User App Share, please create a new User App Share submission as the hosted files need to be directly importable.

Thanks, and we look forward to assisting.
                        Hi NinjaTrader_Jim, Thank you.

Version 2 of the indicator is just an update of the old indicator and was exported with NT 8.0.24.2, so there should be no importing issues. When submitted, I asked specifically for Version 2 to replace the old version. Since the Marketing Team attached both versions, perhaps molleti was importing an older version. There should be only one file and that is the Version 2.

NinjaTrader_Jim, Please remove the current zip file(s) that contain 2 versions. Replace with the Originally Submitted zip file attached.

Please edit Post #11 above and remove the attached files to avoid further confusion. I have resubmitted, the Version 2 indicator through NT formal uploading process.

Hopefully, this will remove all confusion.

molleti, Sorry I missed your post since you have posted your issue in a wrong thread (mahToolBar thread)

Many thanks.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by aligator; 05-03-2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks a Lot

Comment

Thanks aligator, I will be removing the attachments as soon as I see that the User App Share page only hosts the current V2 export.

For the thread's reference, that page is here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...trendgraber-2/

The link above is publicly available.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
                            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
                              Thanks aligator, I will be removing the attachments as soon as I see that the User App Share page only hosts the current V2 export.

For the thread's reference, that page is here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...trendgraber-2/

The link above is publicly available.

Thank you NinjaTrader_Jim. The App Share page now hosts the current V2 of A mahTrendGraber2.

The attached files in Post #11 above can now be removed to avoid further confusion.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                              6 responses
                              2 likes
                              Last Post ultls
                              by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                              0 responses