Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mahTrendGRaBer Version 2

New mahTrendGRaBer Version 2

A new Version2 of A mahTrendGraber2 indicator has been posted in User Apps downloads here:

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...trendgraber-2/

This version added several new features as listed below and replaces all previous versions.

NT8 Version 2.0 , April 24, 2021

New Features:
    - Optional shading of the EMA's Region.
    - Optional removal of EMA High and Low bands.
    - Optional candle outline to show up/down candles - Although not really needed.
    - Draw Buy/Sell arrows filtered based on direction of the RMI indicator for best signals.
    - Optional Historical Buy/Sell arrows.
    - Publicly exposed Buy/Sell signals for Market Analyzer and for use in Strategies.

Exported using: 8.0.24.2 64-bit

Enjoy!

Hello aligator,

Thanks for being part of the community and for your hard work!
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi aligator,

Thank you for the New mahTrendGRaBer Version 2.

I have successfully downloaded and installed it into NT 8 and have it loaded properly. I don't see any of the new features that are listed in V2 so I am wondering if the link is still to the original V1.

Thanks,

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by rmcbeath View Post
        Hi aligator,

Thank you for the New mahTrendGRaBer Version 2.

I have successfully downloaded and installed it into NT 8 and have it loaded properly. I don't see any of the new features that are listed in V2 so I am wondering if the link is still to the original V1.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi Randy,

I just downloaded the indicator and checked the code. Everything is there and functional. I suggest to delete the version you have, re-download the NT8 version from link below, install in NT8, apply to a chart and check the indicator properties drop down window (see screen shot) for the new features. If you still have issues please post a screen shot of your full chart and specially the indicator properties listing window.

A mahTrendGRaBer V2 This is a new Revision 2 of the ‘A mahTrendGRaBer’ for NT8, originally written by aligator for NT7 and published free on Futures.IO (Later it was pirated by a 3rd party vendor and sold as part of a package) I wrote this indicator based on a chart setup idea discussed by Raghee […]

Attached Files

Comment

aligator,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried again with the same result. Not sure what is going on, but here is my plot with the Indicator properties windows shown. I made no changes to the basic NT chart.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by rmcbeath View Post
            aligator,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried again with the same result. Not sure what is going on, but here is my plot with the Indicator properties windows shown. I made no changes to the basic NT chart.

Randy
            Hi Randy,

What you have is a knock off version of my indicator posted on Futures.IO. If you compare the indicator name on my screen shot to your screenshot they are not the same. So, you are looking at a different indicator.

Please use the link I provided in post #4 to download from NinjaTrader.com, NOT from Future.io.

After you download and install it you will find it the mah_Indicators folder created at the top of indicators list drop down window on the chart. If you have followed my instructions you may already have it installed.

Let me know.

Comment

Thanks, I have it sorted out now. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Hi,
                Thank you so much, I am new to NT. How do I change the Long and Short arrow colors. It is white, I would like to change it to Green and Red.
                Any help appreciated
                Cheers
                KV

Comment

Great indicator!
                  Have you made a version with plots? Can you use this indicator in Strategy Builder?

Comment

Originally posted by Richhhunter View Post
                    Great indicator!
                    Have you made a version with plots? Can you use this indicator in Strategy Builder?
                    Not quite sure what you mean by "with plots." Yes, you can use it in a strategy, buy/sell signals are exposed for Strategy and Market Analyzer.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Plots are added with AddPlot(). For these to be available in the Strategy Builder a public series must return the Values plot index.

Below is a link to a forum post that provides the necessary information.
                      I'm trying to expose my variables to the strategy builder so everyone can have better use of the WaveTrend indicator (it has a lot of code). Explain this to me like I am 5 because this isnt the first time I've tried to figure it out and hit a wall. What is Series? I know its like an array that stores bars. Why not just call it
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                        Hello aligator,

Plots are added with AddPlot(). For these to be available in the Strategy Builder a public series must return the Values plot index.

Below is a link to a forum post that provides the necessary information.
                        https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...er#post1182264
                        Thanks NinjaTrader_ChelseaB,

As I indicated in Version notes of the indicator and in post #10 to Richhhunter, the indicator already has a plot (MAnalyzer[0]) that exposes buy/sell signal values (1, -1) as a public series for Market Analyzer and Strategy Building.

Cheers!

Comment

mahTrendGRaBer2 is there a way to add an alert for the white arrow signal?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawandorder View Post
                            mahTrendGRaBer2 is there a way to add an alert for the white arrow signal?
                            Yes, although I do not really care for alerts (just more noise), I will update the indicator as I find time.
                            Meanwhile, since the current indicator exposes signals for Market analyzer, you can certainly set up the Alert feature of NT8 to give you sound and text alerts as part of the Alert Log.

Cheers!

Comment

Aligator, Thank you I'm not skilled in creating alerts it's difficult. I guess I'll wait for an update.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view