plot executions in manual trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plot executions in manual trading

Hello, I am looking for a way to show a line that shows the trades made manually in the same way that they are shown when a strategy is applied. It's much easier for me to visualize trades this way. Does anyone know any developed code? Thank you

Hello manueldecastro,

Thanks for your post.

We have moved your post to the NinjaScript File Sharing discussion forum as the question pertains to pre built scripts and not about developing that sort of functionality on your own.

I am not aware of any free indicators that connect execution markers similar to NinjaScript strategies, and after a quick check on our User App Share, I did not see a ready built indicator there either.

Building a custom indicator like this would involve finding historical executions in the NinjaTrader database, analyzing them to pair them as trades, and then to draw trade lines that connect the executions. We would not support accessing the NinjaTrader database through NinjaScript, so any developer accomplishing this task would be on their own for extracting executions and pairing them as trades.

If you would like to check the User App Share yourself, I have included a link below.

The link above is publicly available.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

If you would like to hire a NinjaScript Consultant to build something like this for you, or to look into vendor products that may offer this functionality already, please let us know and we can have a colleague from the EcoSystem provide more information.

We look forward to assisting.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 02-21-2022, 08:59 AM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

From the attachment, may i know why the entry plot was made at right and exit plot execution record was at left???normally it should be start from left and exit at right. Whats wrong with it?any idea to help?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello stantenlee,

It looks like the Stop loss is being marked as an entry. How the stop loss became used as an entry would involve reviewing the Strategy Performance report and looking for when exit orders are first being marked as entries. This is often seen when a reversal is attempted, but EnterLong() and ExitShort() are called at the same time, when only the Enter method should be called to initiate a reversal.

Could you attach screenshots of your Strategy Performance Report's Trades Display and Executions Display? Please show where the Exits begin to show up as entries, as this is where we will want to start looking.

Attaching a screenshot

To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
        2 responses