X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was Awesome! Thanks for sharing this

Comment

Originally posted by gemify View Post
      Updated attachment (top post) with source.
      Are you planning to do some more updates/improvements?

Comment

Originally posted by Mberg View Post

Are you planning to do some more updates/improvements?
        Great question Mberg Honestly, I haven't had a chance to work on the ladder since.
        However, just out of curiosity, are there specific features/improvements that you're interested in?

Comment

Great question Mberg Honestly, I haven't had a chance to work on the ladder since.
          However, just out of curiosity, are there specific features/improvements that you're interested in?
          Thanks for respons Gemify,
          • Yes i have noticed that the ladder does not save the settings, so i need to go into the "indicator/columns" sections and tick all the boxes every time i start NT8
          • And im not sure but when it comes to the contracts traded, should they really disappear from the ladder? Does they do that on the Jigsaw trader ladder software? (Uncertain) How else are you gonna see where there is a big buyers coming in?
          And
          1. What is Orderflow Strenght Treshold really doing?
          2. What is Buy Sell Sliding windows in seconds really ment to be for?
          Thanks again for an awesome plugin you have created here, i´m really humbled to be able to use it.

Comment

i'm following this thread! I'm s big fan of SuperDOM and I know with the help of everyone, we can improve it!

Comment

Thanks gemify for this awesome indicator, it helps a lot. I have the same inquiries as Mberg, esp saving the settings. Thanks

Comment

Hey y'all! Since it looks like more and more people are finding this useful, I fixed the issues with the ladder not saving its settings correctly.

I created a public repository for the source code on github.I also added some documentation that I wrote up for anyone interested.

Free SuperDOM Ladder for Order Flow traders on Ninjatrader. - OrderFlowTools/TraderLadder

Mberg, tunabomb I hope this helps!
                Last edited by gemify; 12-18-2021, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Hey y'all! Since it looks like more and more people are finding this useful, I fixed the issues with the ladder not saving its settings correctly.

I created a public repository for the source code on github.I also added some documentation that I wrote up for anyone interested.

Free SuperDOM Ladder for Order Flow traders on Ninjatrader. - OrderFlowTools/TraderLadder

Mberg, tunabomb I hope this helps!
                  Thanks Gemify, this is Aweome!!
                  I have tried Jigsaw and compared those to, and i find that your is way better to show imbalances than Jigsaw (or perhaps i´m using jigsaw wrong) but i looked every where in the settings to make the imbalances stand out, but no luck.

gemify I downloaded the new version, and it was not compatible with NT8 it said. So i could not upgrade to the newest one.
                  Probably something you can fix in a glance buddy

/Mberg
                  Last edited by Mberg; 12-19-2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out. The archive was generated from Ninjatrader v8.0.24.3 (x64). The Info.xml file inside the downloaded zip file should confirm that as well.

I am able to import the latest version (v0.3) of the ladder into both Ninjatrader v8.0.24 and v8.0.25. Which specific version of NT 8 are you trying to import the ladder into?

One way to determine what's going on might be to manually drop the OrderFlowTools folder (from the zip file) into the SuperDomColumns folder in your NT installation and check if you're able to compile the files in the NinjaScript Editor.

If it is a compatibility issue, I suspect someone from NT support might be able to help us all.

NinjaTrader_Jim WDYT?
                    Last edited by gemify; 12-19-2021, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out. The archive was generated from Ninjatrader v8.0.24.3 (x64). The Info.xml file inside the downloaded zip file should confirm that as well.

I am able to import the latest version (v0.3) of the ladder into both Ninjatrader v8.0.24 and v8.0.25. Which specific version of NT 8 are you trying to import the ladder into?

One way to determine what's going on might be to manually drop the OrderFlowTools folder (from the zip file) into the SuperDomColumns folder in your NT installation and check if you're able to compile the files in the NinjaScript Editor.

If it is a compatibility issue, I suspect someone from NT support might be able to help us all.

NinjaTrader_Jim WDYT?
                      Hi gemify I download the updated file and tried again and now it seem to work just fine, thanks again!

Comment

Thank you so much for making this ladder. I truly do believe it is up there with platforms like jigsaw in terms of all that you can see.
                        My only suggestion would be to link the bid & ask change to a timer that changes per set amount of seconds. Like the buy/sell time window.
                        Other than that amazing job! Definitely help take my order book reading to another level.
                        Also your imbalance detector is next level.​​​​

Comment

That is very kind of you. TBH, I wrote this for myself, as a 'poor man's ladder' . I'm glad others are finding it useful.

My only suggestion would be to link the bid & ask change to a timer that changes per set amount of seconds. Like the buy/sell time window.
                          Thank you for your suggestion. Would you please mind clarifying the request for me? If I understand it correctly, the desired functionality is to display snapshots of consolidated changes to the bid/ask within a specific timeframe. For instance, display the consolidated overall change in bid/ask levels in the last 30 seconds or 60 seconds. Am I reading the request correctly?

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. Would you please mind clarifying the request for me? If I understand it correctly, the desired functionality is to display snapshots of consolidated changes to the bid/ask within a specific timeframe. For instance, display the consolidated overall change in bid/ask levels in the last 30 seconds or 60 seconds. Am I reading the request correctly?
                            Yes that is correct. The changes are so quick it's hard to keep track of them so if there was a larger time window it would be easier to read. I hope that makes sense.

Comment

That is very kind of you. TBH, I wrote this for myself, as a 'poor man's ladder' . I'm glad others are finding it useful.

Awesome work Gem,

I would also love this feature as an ADDITIONAL column so the individual adds/removes could still be viewed at the same time as the cumulative.

Another feature or slight change I would enjoy is to be able to consolidate certain columns. For example the ability to put the current bid/ask volume on 1 column and also the bid ask change on a single column.

I̶s̶ t̶h̶e̶ s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶ c̶o̶d̶e̶ s̶e̶t̶ t̶o̶ p̶r̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶ b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ I̶ c̶a̶n̶'t̶ f̶i̶n̶d̶ i̶t̶ i̶n̶ t̶h̶e̶ n̶i̶n̶j̶a̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ e̶d̶i̶t̶o̶r̶?̶ I̶ w̶a̶s̶ h̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ I̶ c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ t̶i̶n̶k̶e̶r̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ t̶h̶e̶ c̶o̶d̶e̶.
                              (EDIT Copied source code from GitHub page
                              Thanks a lot for your hard work. You really elevated the DOM to where it should be.
                              Last edited by mlprice12; 01-14-2022, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what these columns are other than looking at your screenshot.
                                I dont understand what the imbalances mean for the price action?
                                This is an interesting update to the DOM column thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Gerik
                                by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes