Collapse

Free OrderFlow Ladder (SuperDOM column)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gemify I may have to tackle the Ladder after I solve this problem, now my platform is showing this message when I pull it up, first let me get this resolved then I will try to get the Ladder Click image for larger version

Name:	Restart error CME data.PNG
Views:	504
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1205771

Comment

gemify I guess the issue is now resolved with that error I'm noting getting it anymore, so now I will proceed with your suggestions about the Ladder and let you know how that goes.

Comment

gemify I found what was the issue and now I have it downloaded, I totally forgot to remove the old NinjaScript from the platform.

Comment

Hello Gemify,

Great job on creating this ladder. Was looking for something like this for a while.

I have tried installing it on my NT8 but everytime I do I get the following error.

"Import failed. The Ninjascript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC, modify a method signature that other scripts were dependent on, or be missing a required file on either your PC or in the import archive."

I'm not sure what's wrong. Also the file I downloaded from the link posted above (https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...perdom-column/) is version 0.3.6 while on the github page it says there is version 0.3.8. Maybe not installing the latest version could be why I'm getting the error. I don't see where to get that 0.3.8 download.

Thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi mischa7, I've requested the NT ecosystem page to be updated.

In the meantime, please download the latest release from: https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/Tr...eleases/latest

You can download either the GemsTraderLadder-v0.3.X.zip file (which contains the source) or the GemsTraderLadderBinv0.3.X.zip (binary version) and import either one as you normally would any NT add-on.

As of today, the latest version is v0.3.9 https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/Tr...ses/tag/v0.3.9

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by mischa7 View Post

I'm not sure what's wrong. Also the file I downloaded from the link posted above (https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...perdom-column/) is version 0.3.6 while on the github page it says there is version 0.3.8. Maybe not installing the latest version could be why I'm getting the error. I don't see where to get that 0.3.8 download.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gemify View Post
              Hi mischa7, I've requested the NT ecosystem page to be updated.

In the meantime, please download the latest release from: https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/Tr...eleases/latest

You can download either the GemsTraderLadder-v0.3.X.zip file (which contains the source) or the GemsTraderLadderBinv0.3.X.zip (binary version) and import either one as you normally would any NT add-on.

As of today, the latest version is v0.3.9 https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/Tr...ses/tag/v0.3.9

Hope this helps!
              Thanks! These files still give me the same error when I try to import them however I was able to get it to work by manually dropping the OrderFlowTools folder (from the zip file) into the SuperDomColumns folder in my NT8 installation.

Comment

Very cool, I'm glad that worked.

Originally posted by mischa7 View Post

Thanks! These files still give me the same error when I try to import them however I was able to get it to work by manually dropping the OrderFlowTools folder (from the zip file) into the SuperDomColumns folder in my NT8 installation.

Comment

Hi gemify thanks for sharing your developed indicator. I'm just wondering, do you know what is the setting from Jigsaw's recent prints? Does it get refreshed when it moves away and back to the price level or does it refresh after certain time...

Comment

Research101, tbh, I personally am not too familiar with how Jigsaw displays recent prints. From what I've seen though, they have excellent documentation and material that might help answer your question. Either way, I'll let the folk that use Jigsaw on a regular basis weigh in.

This ladder displays prints in what I call a Sliding Window, which is essentially a window that displays the most recent trades going back a configurable number of seconds (defaults to 60 seconds), ensuring that you're always seeing the most recent trade activity from that period. Cumulative prints for the session are also displayed as separate columns. Hope this helps.
                    Last edited by gemify; 08-17-2022, 10:54 PM.

Comment

I noticed that when i change the Imbalance factor, it comes back to 1.5. Does it happen to you too? gemify

Comment

Originally posted by jhudas88 View Post
                        I noticed that when i change the Imbalance factor, it comes back to 1.5. Does it happen to you too? gemify
                        1.5 is the minimum (and default) value for the imbalance factor. The configuration page will revert it back to 1.5 if you try to set the value to anything less than 1.5.

A difference factor of 1 indicates no imbalance, 1.1 very small imbalance, 1.2 slightly higher imbalance and so on. I find 1.5 to be a reasonable factor where imbalance seems to make a difference, although I personally set it to 2 on my ladder.

Having said that, if most users feel strongly that the minimum imbalance factor value (currently 1.5), should be lowered down to another reasonable value, I'd be happy to change it in the code (or you can as well..) After all, this is open source

jhudas88, I hope that helps!
                        Last edited by gemify; 08-24-2022, 08:55 AM.

Comment

A difference factor of 1 indicates no imbalance, 1.1 very small imbalance, 1.2 slightly higher imbalance and so on. I find 1.5 to be a reasonable factor where imbalance seems to make a difference, although I personally set it to 2 on my ladder.

jhudas88, I hope that helps!
                          At risk of showing my ignorance and laziness having not read your user guide............what data points is the imbalance between? I ask because I'm using the just the BUYs SELLs columns to save screen real estate.

Great stufff gemify............a real gem if you'll pardon the pun.............I'm a bit late to the game and all in with Cumulative Delta as a histogram in my pane 2. Your ladder add-on is a perfect supplement side x side to NT8's default ladder DOM. Maybe too much info but I've narrowed your ladder (took a bit to figure out where the line is to pull in the width) but very happy with last sales quantities in the last 30 seconds green for buys | red for sells next to the default DOM with bid offers and last pricings 10 deep order book size.

Thanks for sharing and supporting
                          Scalpers syndrome is not terminal
                          Regards
                          Bruce

Comment

Ha ha, no worries Bruce! The imbalance detection logic is applied in a crossing fashion to volume that occurred at prices a tick apart. The imbalances are simple bid-ask cross volume difference checks. For example, if the volume of buys at ask is greater than X times (Imbalance Factor) the volume of sells at bid, there's a buy imbalance. In other words, buyers were more aggressive in that area. A sell imbalance is the opposite scenario.

These Imbalances are detected in trades that have occurred in:
                            • the Sliding Window, as well as
                            • the entire session
                            Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.png Views:	0 Size:	44.7 KB ID:	1217054
                            Last edited by gemify; 09-27-2022, 08:53 AM.

Comment

For example, if the volume of buys at bid is greater than X times (Imbalance Factor) the volume of sells at ask, there's a buy imbalance. In other words, buyers were more aggressive in that area.
                              OK its taking a while to get my head around that. I think I'm too focused on Cumulative Delta{CD} (net between volume of sales on bid and buys on the offer). In CD the buys on bid are the sales and the sales on the offer are the buys. When I look at your sliding window/columns I'm presuming the Sells and the Buys are the actual trade volumes of trades on each respective BID=Sale and OFFER=Buy. If I have your Buys and Sells sliding window columns conceptually correct, then it will take me some watching in real time to get my head around what the imbalance in successive price rows is really saying about supply/demand pressure; which is really what we are all trying to feel from moment to moment. In any case I'm posting my screen shot of your add-on with my settings side x side to the default NT Dom. But I'm also including mk77ch's add-on link (with his permission) from futures.IO for what he's calling FootPrintV2. These together IMHO make for a very nice set of tools to add to more conventional ones for an OrderFlow | FootPrint supplemental trade entry decisions.

https://futures.io/local_links.php?linkid=2565
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	FootPrintV2_FreeLadder.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.0 KB ID:	1217125
                              Last edited by trymph; 09-27-2022, 03:33 PM. Reason: Some spelling and bold highlighting adjustments

Comment

The footprintV2 chart looks very cool!
                                Originally posted by trymph View Post
                                ... I'm presuming the Sells and the Buys are the actual trade volumes of trades on each respective BID=Sale and OFFER=Buy.
                                That is correct - my apologies. I've updated the previous post to reflect this. .
                                Just in case anyone's curious, the ladder uses a simple trade classifier (slight variation on the classic Lee & Ready classification) which classifies trades higher than the midpoint of the bid-ask spread as buy aggressors and vice-versa, with an ever so slight bias toward sellers (based on human psychology), should bid and ask be equal. It is entirely possible that other trading software classify trades differently (search for "trade classification algorithms" on google), but I chose to keep it pretty simple for this ladder.
                                Hope this helps!

Last edited by gemify; 09-27-2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post trilliantrader  
                                Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Davidtowleii