X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Marker Update

RE: Range Marker Update

Hi Paul,

I had a question about this update from last year.

The update was:
    9-23-20 (Bug fix, when price panel was not the top panel, rectangle showed incorrectly).

Does that mean we can use more than one data series, plot each on the same panel and use the indicator for each data series?
    That is what I am trying to do. However, I can only get the indicator to show up once.
    The coding is beyond my scope, so I am curious to what fixes it would need.

Thanks
    Irv

Hello ij001,

Thanks for your post.

No, that change would not relate to what you are trying to do. It was related to when an indicator panel was placed above the price panel, it would cause issues and the fix resolved that bug.

I don't see how you would get anything meaningful by having multiple series in the same panel, I think you mean the same chart window but in their own panels.

I didn't create the indicator, I just converted it from NinjaTrader7 to NinjaTrader8 so I would not have looked at the code from the perspective of multiple uses on the same chart or same panel.

This use case would seem pretty specific so I would suggest that you work with a 3rd party programmer to get what you need for your case. if you would like a link to 3rd party programmers in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem just let us know.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul,

I had another question about this Range Marker indicator.

I am using multiple timeframe analysis with Box style charts
      Similar to this NT post:
      NinjaTrader is a leading futures broker & trading platform provider with deep discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract. Start your FREE demo powered by live data.

When I add the Range Marker indicator multiple times for the two different data series, it only works once with the primary series.
      That is, only one instance.

Would there be any particular reason why that is and is there an easy fix?

Thanks Irv

Comment

Hello ij001,

Thanks for your note.

This is Brandon responding on behalf of Paul who is out of the office at this time.

We are able to reproduce the behavior you are reporting and are currently looking further into this. We will reach back out to you as soon as we have more information available.

I look forward to assisting further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
          Hello ij001,

Thanks for your note.

This is Brandon responding on behalf of Paul who is out of the office at this time.

We are able to reproduce the behavior you are reporting and are currently looking further into this. We will reach back out to you as soon as we have more information available.

I look forward to assisting further.
          Hi Brandon,

To further clarify:

Try the same instrument with multiple data series and plot all on the same panel. Then load the tool for each data series.

The issue appears to be that the tool disappears for the secondary data series but works for the primary data series.

Hopefully that is more clear.

Thanks
          Irv

Comment

Hello ij001,

Thanks for your note.

After further investigation, we have implemented a fix for this indicator.

This fix will be uploaded to the User App Share page for the indicator. I am also attaching the fixed indicator script to this forum post.

Let us know if we may assist further.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello ij001,

Thanks for your note.

This fix will be uploaded to the User App Share page for the indicator. I am also attaching the fixed indicator script to this forum post.

Hi Brandon,

I really appreciate this update but had an additional question.

I had the previous version customized to include Renko and UniRenko charts.

If it isn't too much trouble, is there an alternative code snippet you can share for it to work on the previous version?

That would help me in the short term from reworking my entire version

Thanks Irv

Comment

Hello ij001,

Thanks for your note.

Are you referring to the previous version of the indicator? Or, the previous version of the NinjaTrader platform?

We are not able to make a fix for the indicator using a previous version of NinjaTrader.

You would need to upgrade your NinjaTrader platform to the latest release version.

To update NinjaTrader, follow the steps below:
                • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                • Enter your license key and press Submit
                • Select 'Download'
                • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

Hello ij001,

Thanks for your note.

Are you referring to the previous version of the indicator? Or, the previous version of the NinjaTrader platform?

We are not able to make a fix for the indicator using a previous version of NinjaTrader.

You would need to upgrade your NinjaTrader platform to the latest release version.

To update NinjaTrader, follow the steps below:
                  • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                  • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  • Enter your license key and press Submit
                  • Select 'Download'
                  • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Hi Brandon,

The previous version of the indicator is what I had customized.

Is it easier for me to attach?

Thanks Irv

Comment

Hello ij001,

Thanks for your note.

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. Further, we do not provide C# programming education services in our support. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

If you had made changes to the previous version of the indicator, you would need to modify that version of the indicator to include the fixes in the script attached in post #6. Or, you would need to modify the indicator in post #6 to include your changes.

Comment

Hello ij001,

Thanks for your note.

How can I use this indicator be used with the "Attach-to" feature on Chart Trader.

Is it similar to the Bollinger Bands and Value[0]?

Thanks
                      Irvin

Comment

Hello Irvin,

Thank you for your note.

The attach to indicator feature in Chart Trader only works with indicator plots; the jtRangeMarker indicator does not have a plot value that an order can be attached to. It draws the rectangle around the bar using custom rendering in OnRender(). The Bollinger Bands are different because they actually use plots to display the values on the chart, which is why you can attach an order to the indicator plots if desired.

Here is the attach to indicator page in the help guide that explains how the feature works with plots:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
                          Hello Irvin,

Thank you for your note.

The attach to indicator feature in Chart Trader only works with indicator plots; the jtRangeMarker indicator does not have a plot value that an order can be attached to. It draws the rectangle around the bar using custom rendering in OnRender(). The Bollinger Bands are different because they actually use plots to display the values on the chart, which is why you can attach an order to the indicator plots if desired.

Here is the attach to indicator page in the help guide that explains how the feature works with plots:

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your reply.

Are there any suggestions you can make so I can achieve my desired result?

Thanks
                          Irvin

Comment

Hello Irvin,

Thank you for your reply.

Really, all that is missing is a plot that holds the value you are looking to attach an order to. You could manually add the plot to the existing indicator, or you could create your own indicator and use the new indicator wizard to add a plot, which would use AddPlot() in State.SetDefaults and add the appropriate information in the Properties section of the script. Then, you could copy over the necessary logic from the jtRangeMarker indicator to maintain the same functionality in your new indicator. Finally, whichever value you are looking to attach the indicator to would be the value that you need to assign to Value[0]. This will add the value to the Series<double> object associated with the plot so it is available from the Attach to indicator window.

For more information regarding AddPlot():

Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                            16 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post z.franck  
                            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes