Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop loss price indicator

Hey Team,
    I dont know if im barking up the wrong tree here but i cant seem to find what i want, i want something that tells me when i change my stop loss positions how much i would stand to loose if my stop loss was hit, would anyone at all be able to help me or know of an indicator for this? i assume it would just be capturing the stop loss point vs the break even point but im not sure how hard that is, please help!

Hello RookieKiwi,

Thanks for your post.

You could consider using the Advanced Risk Reward Indicator located in the Ecosystem User App Share page linked below.

Advanced Risk Reward Indicator: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ard-indicator/

Or, if you are wanting to program a custom indicator yourself, please let us know and we would be happy to provide some direction.

Let us know if we may assist further.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Im not sure if im good enough to create something custom, i just want something that will tell me if all my stop losses are hit how much it would cost me so i can adjust my stops to suit for longer term investments

Comment

Hello RookieKiwi,

Thanks for your note.

Since you are looking for an existing indicator and NinjaScript indicator development education, I am moving this ticket to our NinjaScript File Sharing section of the Forums.

You may consider checking out the Advanced Risk Reward indicator mentioned in my last post. Otherwise, I'm not aware of an existing indicator that accomplishes this.

This thread will be open for other community members to comment their insight on this.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello!!! I'm using the Advanced Risk Reward Indicator from NinjaTrader_Jim but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use this if I'm going short, It works great if going long. Is there a way to accomplish this? I've read the provided directions and have searched the forums but wasn't able to find an answer. Any help would be great.
          Last edited by Pro_Rip_Rider; 12-04-2022, 07:47 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Comment

Hello Pro_Rip_Rider,

Thanks for your note.

To use the AdvancedRiskReward indicator for short orders, you could add the indicator to the chart, click the 'Long' button so it changes to 'Short', and click three times on the chart where you want your lines to be. You could toggle the lines from Short to Long and vice versa by clicking the same button.

Please see this video demonstrating these steps: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...OV8yMDYzMTM0NA

Let me know if you have further questions.

Comment

Thanks so much for the detailed response! Would of never been able to figure this out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
              10 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leafcutter  
              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Max238