Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HeikenAshi_Smoothed Indicator

This is for Osikani, Koganam..

First.. my thanks to you for producing such nice enhancements to the NT HeikenAshi indicator.. with your Hull smoothing and shadows showing actual underlying activity of a non smoothed price bar.

However, you coded it (in the interest of reducing required pc resources) such that it only paints the visible bars for the screen section that is right in front of you at the time.. which means that all the historical price bars prior to that section of the chart (for the number of days we have chosen to display) are totally missing.

You have also coded it such that it will only paint bars going forward if it is run in calculate on close basis. Running it on a tick by tick basis produces no price bars at all going forward from the time you start your chart.

I suspect many of us do have powerful trading computers that are designed to handle more than enough streaming tick data to deal with having this coded to show all paint bars in HA from bar one to ending bar for the full number of days we have selected to display .. and hopefully many would also much prefer that it paint the bars live, tick by tick rather than only after the full data for a bar has completed.

If you have the time and the interest, would you be so kind as to adjust the parameters so that it will operate just like the one that is native to the NT platform, but of course with your smoothiing and activity enhancements retained?

Many thanks in advance....

Happy Trading,
    Randy

See if this one meets your requirements.

If it does, then I will post it as an update to the file sharing section.

Thanks for your input.
    Attached Files

Comment

HeikenAshi_Smoothed Version 1.1

YES! you did it.. it appears to me that this version performs superbly.

Many thanks Osikani..

Happy Trading

Randy

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad that I could help.

May you make a few million trading with it.

Comment

I have a question for you about you indicator. One I noticed on the download page that is was for ver 6.5. I am using ver.7 and it works ok, except I like to use like an overlay on a OHLC chart. The issue I have is that when over I make a change to the chart or when I restart ninja 7, the data series color for the up and down bars change to transparent. Now I do just go back in and reset it, but I would like to know if there is a way of getting it to not change to transparent? Is there a way of doing that? What I am trying to do is get the HeikenAshi chart to look like one in Sierra charts or TradeStation.

Comment

Originally posted by dcassidy View Post
            I have a question for you about you indicator. One I noticed on the download page that is was for ver 6.5. I am using ver.7 and it works ok, except I like to use like an overlay on a OHLC chart. The issue I have is that when over I make a change to the chart or when I restart ninja 7, the data series color for the up and down bars change to transparent. Now I do just go back in and reset it, but I would like to know if there is a way of getting it to not change to transparent? Is there a way of doing that? What I am trying to do is get the HeikenAshi chart to look like one in Sierra charts or TradeStation.
            Yes, there is, but not in the indicator that is as coded. To do that, I will have to add in another input parameter, to not change the bar colors. I have not updated that code for a while anyway, so I will do it over the weekend, and post it. Thanks for your suggestion. I had thought about it, but never quite got around to it, as I am a bit busy setting up my website. Give me a nudge if you do not see an update by the end of Saturday, wherever you may be.

Comment

cool, thanks.

Comment

Posted v1.3a to the Files Sharing Section

As promised, I have posted v1.3a to the File Sharing section of the forum. For some reason, the software will not change the file name, so when you download it, it is going to read v1.2. You may want to rename it as you save it. As the source is open, you can always read the .cs file to be sure that you have the correct version.

Unfortunately, as the source is open, I have had to remove some trade-secret programming stuff that is in the commercial version, for producing alerts and selecting when they occur, and selecting the sounds. This version is still very usable; you just will not get any alerts when conditions change.

The ChangeLog is posted in the description for the download.

Here is the link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=4&id=358

Comment

thanks again. Will I have to remove the old one or will it overwrite it?

Comment

Originally posted by dcassidy View Post
                    thanks again. Will I have to remove the old one or will it overwrite it?
                    This is not an assembly: it should just overwrite the old one, provided the old one is not an assembly either (what I wrote was not an assembly; the commercial version is. I am sure that you do not have the commercial version).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Davidtowleii  
                    Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post guillembm