Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weis Wave Delta

Hi GillRymhes,

Could you please explain the added values and how Weis Wave Delta is different from Dorschden's Price Action Swing (PAS - >45,000 downloads on Futures.io) indicator, since PAS already provides the same delta for swing price and volume.

Cheers!

Hi Aligator,
    Dorschden's PAS has not any volume delta values of the swings. I modified the code to show only the volume of the swing and the volume deltas. The indicator has been delted from the users indicators page.

Comment

Originally posted by GillRymhes View Post
      Hi Aligator,
      Dorschden's PAS has not any volume delta values of the swings. I modified the code to show only the volume of the swing and the volume deltas. The indicator has been delted from the users indicators page.
      Hi GillRymhes,

First, thanks for the indicator, any improvement to existing indicators is always appreciated, if permitted by the author. Removal of the indicaor was not intended here.

Your Weis Wave Delta indicator prints the accmulated absolute volume and price chnage for the swing length, which are the same as what PAS does, and is what Weis method uses. Your separate indicator Volume Delta does plot the volume delta (Bid - Ask) for each bar. It would have been an improvement to PAS if the Volume Delta indicator would have been integrated into the Wies Wave Delta indicator as an additional data series to plot the accumulated volume delta (Bid - Ask) for each swing.

Also, modifying your Volume Delta as an oscillator similar to Dorschden's Price Action Swing Oscillator for swing accumulated delta volume will be quite an improvement.

Just a note, that the indicators work with live Bid-Ask data only, unless historical BId -Ask is supplied by the data vendor.

Cheers!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Hi GillRymhes,

First, thanks for the indicator, any improvement to existing indicators is always appreciated, if permitted by the author. Removal of the indicaor was not intended here.

Your Weis Wave Delta indicator prints the accmulated absolute volume and price chnage for the swing length, which are the same as what PAS does, and is what Weis method uses. Your separate indicator Volume Delta does plot the volume delta (Bid - Ask) for each bar. It would have been an improvement to PAS if the Volume Delta indicator would have been integrated into the Wies Wave Delta indicator as an additional data series to plot the accumulated volume delta (Bid - Ask) for each swing.

Also, modifying your Volume Delta as an oscillator similar to Dorschden's Price Action Swing Oscillator for swing accumulated delta volume will be quite an improvement.

Just a note, that the indicators work with live Bid-Ask data only, unless historical BId -Ask is supplied by the data vendor.

Cheers!
        I answered you in another message.
        Here you have the WeisWaveDelta with cum. volume+ cum. volume delta (top panel), cum volume delta (middle panel) and (cum. volume (bottom panel):
        Click image for larger version

Name:	WeisWaveDeltaPic2.png
Views:	1297
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	1206423

Comment

Hi GillRymhes,

Cheers!
          I hope you will be able to recognize that you were wrong with your previous statements. None of them shows price change, how can you conclude that?
          The oscillator as well as the histogram were deleted as well and I've not yet received any answer.

Comment

Hi GillRymhes,

Cheers!
            Hi again aligator ,
            I've just realized that your shared image does not plot as mine, why do you have those round numbers as delta values?
            I use CQG/Continuum and Kinetick as data feed providers and do not have any issue to get historical data with my volume delta indicator that I shared here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...volume-update/ and which is used by the deleted WeisWaveDelta indicator.

Comment

I answered you in another message.
              Here you have the WeisWaveDelta with cum. volume+ cum. volume delta (top panel), cum volume delta (middle panel) and (cum. volume (bottom panel):
              Click image for larger version

Name:	WeisWaveDeltaPic2.png
Views:	1297
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	1206423
              Here are a few points regarding several of your posts.

1. It make sense now that you have posted decernable screenshots. I recognize it is confusing how you defined your visusal color parametrs, they are both defined as " Represents the color of the swing value output for highs" and "...............for lows." It is not clear what each represents, the swing com. volume or the swing com. volume delta. Nowhere in parameters list any options are provided to select drawing one , the other, or both values, as you now show in your multi-screenshots. That is how I thought if one is volume the other might be price, not having historical bid/ask data for the chart in use.

2. I did use the XLY index to look at your indicator, so it is comparing apples to oranges. Of course the volumes will not be formatted the same as your ES charts since fromats depend on how you defined the rounding method of the value sizes in your code.

3. Finally, please know that my comments were made constructively and for clarification. I had no role whatsoever for deletion of the indicator by NinjaTrader. Actually, I was surprised that they did that since we are not talking about sharing a .dll code.

Although, having to make one color transparent, as in your screenshots (now I know) to show only one of the values, and definition for visual parameters, can be improved so that the user is not confused and knows what is plotted on the chart.

4. I see no reason that NinjaTrader_Jim would not re-post the indicator.

Cheers!

Comment

Here are a few points regarding several of your posts.

1. It make sense now that you have posted decernable screenshots. I recognize it is confusing how you defined your visusal color parametrs, they are both defined as " Represents the color of the swing value output for highs" and "...............for lows." It is not clear what each represents, the swing com. volume or the swing com. volume delta. Nowhere in parameters list any options are provided to select drawing one , the other, or both values, as you now show in your multi-screenshots. That is how I thought if one is volume the other might be price, not having historical bid/ask data for the chart in use.

2. I did use the XLY index to look at your indicator, so it is comparing apples to oranges. Of course the volumes will not be formatted the same as your ES charts since fromats depend on how you defined the rounding method of the value sizes in your code.

3. Finally, please know that my comments were made constructively and for clarification. I had no role whatsoever for deletion of the indicator by NinjaTrader. Actually, I was surprised that they did that since we are not talking about sharing a .dll code.

Although, having to make one color transparent, as in your screenshots (now I know) to show only one of the values, and definition for visual parameters, can be improved so that the user is not confused and knows what is plotted on the chart.

4. I see no reason that NinjaTrader_Jim would not re-post the indicator.

Cheers!

Hi again aligator
                concerning 1.) I tried to make it as simple as possible. There is an important difference between volumes and volume deltas with respect to colors. Since volumes are always positive, I discern between up swings volume colors (blue) and down swings volume colors (red). However, the deltas may be positive or negative, in any of the up swinsg or down swings and for that reason, I set some parameters to customize those colors. There are two different sections to define those colors and when cursor is located on each parameter, a "help" text is displayed. There is a first section with parameters to visualize Volume and a second section with parameters to visualize Delta. I'm open to change those settings if misleading.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Indicators 2022-06-24 18.07.54.png Views:	0 Size:	16.4 KB ID:	1206535
                2. Now it makes sense to me
                3. Thanks. Jim has received an email from me and he should upload the indicators again. I still don't know why I have been requested so much information about how has been my developing process.
                4. Me neither.

As said, I've the impression that NT does not care much about user satisfaction vs vendor satisfaction. That cannot be accepted. Many coders have a real will of helping others, does NT share that same goal? Now I have my doubts.
                Last edited by GillRymhes; 06-24-2022, 10:21 AM.

Comment

It is already three weeks that I'm waiting for an answer from NinjaTrader_Jim . He's answering many other questions in the forum and is not keeping his word concerning the blocked WeisWaveDelta indicator. What's up?

Comment

It is already three weeks that I'm waiting for an answer from NinjaTrader_Jim . He's answering many other questions in the forum and is not keeping his word concerning the blocked WeisWaveDelta indicator. What's up?
                    I wouldn't go insulting NinjaTrader staff about "not keeping his word". That is a strong accusation and completely out of place. They get pretty busy. Learn some respect. All you did was copy cat Weis Wave, big deal man... Nobody cares.

Comment

Sorry to disagree gno1yyy but the strong accusation was made by NinjaTrader_Jim who said that I could be infringing IP and directly blocked the indicator. I agree with you that the addition of the cumulative delta values on top of the WeisWave cumulative volume -as originally coded by dorschden- is not a big deal and would like to set this clear. I provided information as requested by Jim concerning the development process and I'm just expecting a similar will to solve this issue from the other side.

Comment

I've received a good number of private messages asking for the WeisWaveDelta indicator. You may find it here:
                        Hi, here I share a Weis Wave indicator based on dorschden's PriceActionSwing in combination with a volume delta indicator. I shared it in the Ninjatrader Ecosystem but apparently a vendor/third party or someone else did not like it and it disappeared from the user share section. The indicator adds a layer on top of the swing cumulative volume of PAS comprising the cumulative volume delta information. The additional volume delta indicator can be used as a normal delta indicator or cumulative delta indicator. Hi …

Comment

Hi My name is Eddie Small. [email protected] I am using your priveactionswing set to ticks, It is the best Swing indicator I have ever seen. None of the others ID fast enough to be of any use. Yours works.

I am trying to use it with Markers Plus. I am told that it needs to have plots added so the Markers can see it. Can you do thast for me

If that indicator is not having a plot to indicate the last state detected ( it doesnt ) then you have 2 options ; create a new logic to detect higher highs or modify the indicator to add a plot with that information, so it can be copied and used in a filter

Pablo​
                          esmall
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ed's Retrace Plan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM