VSA indicator for NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VSA indicator for NT8

Hello...I did a search on here but not sure if maybe the VSA indicator might be hidden in another location. Is the VSA (volume spread analysis) indicator for NT8 available on this site? Thanks.

I'm think this is what you are looking for !!
    VPA Indicator NT8 - NinjaTrader Ecosystem

Comment

Originally posted by Eric M. View Post
      I'm think this is what you are looking for !!
      VPA Indicator NT8 - NinjaTrader Ecosystem
      Thanks, Eric...yes I found that VPA indicator even though I was searching for the VSA indicator and I submitted a question to NinjaTrader_Jim about it which was how do we hide/remove all of the alerts/text/symbols that the VPA plots on the main chart? We just want the indicator in the lower panel.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello lbadisa1,

You could comment these out of the code of drawing text on lines 554 - 557, 752 - 755, and 810.
        You could set Alertss to false in State.DataLoaded to disable all Alerts.
        You could comment out drawing objects on lines 817 - 896.

I would recommend you make a copy of the script first, and modify your custom copy. (right-click the code, select Save As to make a copy)
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello lbadisa1,

You could comment these out of the code of drawing text on lines 554 - 557, 752 - 755, and 810.
          You could set Alertss to false in State.DataLoaded to disable all Alerts.
          You could comment out drawing objects on lines 817 - 896.

I would recommend you make a copy of the script first, and modify your custom copy. (right-click the code, select Save As to make a copy)
          I don't know anything about coding. If it's no option in the properties then, I'm out of luck.

Comment

i like the VPA approach, but some of the symbols seem duplicated and I found one formula error on the reversalLikelyBar equation. I've re-assigned some symbols to avoid duplication, and am able to move the symbols off the wicks (but not auto-scale yet). I've gotten a legend drawn in cad, with all of the descriptions and I can see the text fields. now I'm working on backtesting to see what symbols mean in context so I can find a symbol/color scheme that makes more sense. Also checking if the symbols work better on higher timeframes, 240 minutes and above seem a bit better than 5-15 minutes.

I'll probably comment out some of the symbols that don't add much value.

its interesting to see how they calculated high volume and all of the condition formulas.

Comment

Hi. I also found VPA to be a very good base, which requires some work to become useful. I just wonderNdakotan1313, are you willing to share what you have done with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Samuel View Post
                Hi. I also found VPA to be a very good base, which requires some work to become useful. I just wonderNdakotan1313, are you willing to share what you have done with it?
                Sorry I missed your question. Here is what I've got so far. I included 4 indicators, VPA Modified is the main one, then a vpa modified without banners, then a larger timeframe version with banners, and a large timeframe without banners. They have the same information, just playing with distance from the bar/candle and whether to show banners (on larger timeframe the banners get in my way so I just keep a cheat sheet handy. I use a dark background, these might not show up correctly on white background. Would be interested in discussing, or suggestions/help with code. Credit to original author

A lot of these are not great 1 bar indicators of trend or reversal. Context in the move is critical. Some can show up at the beginning of a move and mean something completely different than when they show up at the end of a move. I've organized the legends based upon my understanding of VSA/VPA.
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                1 response
                0 likes