Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Reversal Bar Marker

Hi everyone,
    I use a dynamic renko type of bar on my charts. I was wondering if there was a stock indicator I could use to plot a vertical line on the chart on a reversal bar? Meaning when I get a full bar close in the opposite direction of price movement, I would like it to plot a vertical line right on top of that bar that reversed. This is a process I now do manually and would like to know if it can be automated this way with an indicator.

It would only need to be one line on the last bar that reversed. Then when a new reversal bar is plotted in the opposite direction it could either move the previous line to the new bar or just plot a new one and I guess I could ignore the previous and just focus on the last line that plotted.

Thanks for any insight you could provide.

Dan

Hello Dan,

The proper place to inquire about an existing script would be the NinjaScript File Sharing section of the forums.

There would not be any 'stock' system indicators installed with NinjaTrader that provide this functionality.

However, you could develop an indicator. This thread is posted in the Indicator Development section of the forums. Are you wanting to attempt to develop this script by coding this in C#?
    If so, let me know and I can provide direction.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ChelseaB,

Thanks for the assistance, I was hoping to find something either in a stock indicator or something someone had already coded to do this. I don't have any experience in coding so I don't think doing it myself would be an option. Do you have any coders on this forum that could maybe code this for me for a fee obviously? Is it allowed to offer such services?

Thanks
      Dan

Comment

Hello Dan,

I've moved your thread to the NinjaScript File Sharing section of the forums as this does not pertain to C# development of indicators.

There would not be a system indicator with this specific logic. I am also not aware of an existing addon you could download from the User App Share or the forums.

This thread will remain open for any community members that may know of an existing indicator you can download and import.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...mming-services

Educators - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...ures=education
        You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third party services for NinjaTrader all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Should you have interest in creating this yourself, below is a link to a forum post with helpful resources on getting started with C# and NinjaScript. Something like this may be possible to create using the Strategy Builder.

It appears the logic you are stating is:

if the close of the current bar (0 bars ago) is less than the open of 0 bars ago (meaning the current bar is a down red bar) AND the close of the previous bar (1 bar ago) is greater than the open of 1 bar ago (meaning the previous bar was a green up bar), then draw a vertical line 0 bars ago (on the current bar).

and the reverse as another condition

if the close of the current bar (0 bars ago) is greater than the open of 0 bars ago (meaning the current bar is an up green bar) AND the close of the previous bar (1 bar ago) is less than the open of 1 bar ago (meaning the previous bar was a down red bar), then draw a vertical line 0 bars ago (on the current bar).
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes