Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SlingShot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    SlingShot

    I came accross "the new indicator" from TTM. They call it "SlingShot".
    They charge $697 (for two moving averages??????????????). Sometimes people are really funny.

    So I "borrowed" some code from Ichimoku indicator and NT users can test
    "SlingShot" for free

    More information about SlingShot:

    http://www.tradethemarkets.com/products/item82.cfm

    Roonius
    Attached Files
    Last edited by roonius; 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM.

    #2
    Looks a bit like an indicator called trigger lines (which is quite good).

    thanks again.

    Comment


      #3
      Nice idea with that Ichimoku-style roonius!
      ThanX for this one
      max-td

      Comment


        #4
        roonius,

        Thank you for this indicator, I have put it to use over on this thread.

        Comment


          #5
          roonius,

          Is this indicator ready for strategy use? I am having trouble because it generates errors due to the Color [xxx] parameter.

          Comment


            #6
            Try to redownload it. I made little changes... it should work now - moved color from parameters to visual (thanks Elliott for the hint)
            I am not into developing the strategies as of yet... Probably have to try
            Last edited by roonius; 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Roonius,

              Truthfully, I'm not as impressed as most with Slingshot. But in your screen print you are using another indicator called RValueChart.

              I am interested in that one. Did you find it here? Is it anything your willing to share? If its a personal indicator, I understand.

              Let me Know,

              RJay
              RJay
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

              Comment


                #8
                http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...4350#post64350
                Last edited by roonius; 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Perfect !!!!

                  Thank you and thank you Elliott for uploading this.

                  RJay
                  RJay
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanks roonius.

                    Very nice indicator. I have a question though:
                    Is it possible to add a "Price Type" to the "Slow MA Length" so that each MA Length could have its own seperate "Price Type" setting...incase I wanted to use the "Fast MA Length" Close and a "Slow MA Length" Open as the crossover?

                    If so, how could I do that?
                    If possible any help would be great.

                    Thanks

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Change Ma Type ?

                      Hello roonius.
                      I'm trying to change one of the MA types to LinReg . On some indicators this
                      is all that's necessary . I'm not having any luck with this . Changing say the
                      TMA to LinReg where ever I see it . Could you tell me what I'm missing ?
                      thx .

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by T2020 View Post
                        Hello roonius.
                        I'm trying to change one of the MA types to LinReg . On some indicators this
                        is all that's necessary . I'm not having any luck with this . Changing say the
                        TMA to LinReg where ever I see it . Could you tell me what I'm missing ?
                        thx .
                        Why aren't you having any luck?
                        Any errors? What are you getting?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by roonius View Post
                          Why aren't you having any luck?
                          Any errors? What are you getting?
                          My mistake . I must have mistyped something . Tried it again and it worked.
                          Thank you for getting back to me .

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Using SlingShot in a strategy

                            roonius, I love the way the indicator looks and I found a great way to use it in a strategy (I think) but I can not seem to make it work. Can you please document for me how to include it in a strategy script?

                            I have tried several forms of:

                            Code:
                            Add(Strategy.SlingShot(15, PriceType.Close, SlingShot.Utility.MovingAverageType.EMA, 30, PriceType.Close, SlingShot.Utility.MovingAverageType.EMA));
                            and it keeps telling me:

                            ... is a 'method' which is not valid in the given context

                            Nothing I do seems to make a difference.

                            Thanks!

                            -- Jeff

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jeff_Brower View Post
                              roonius, I love the way the indicator looks and I found a great way to use it in a strategy (I think) but I can not seem to make it work. Can you please document for me how to include it in a strategy script?

                              I have tried several forms of:

                              Code:
                              Add(Strategy.SlingShot(15, PriceType.Close, SlingShot.Utility.MovingAverageType.EMA, 30, PriceType.Close, SlingShot.Utility.MovingAverageType.EMA));
                              and it keeps telling me:

                              ... is a 'method' which is not valid in the given context

                              Nothing I do seems to make a difference.

                              Thanks!

                              -- Jeff

                              Attached sample strategy should help you to solve your problem
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Latest Posts

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PWillard, Today, 12:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PWillard  
                              Started by WidenThur, Today, 12:48 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post WidenThur  
                              Started by devidbelly, Today, 12:39 AM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post devidbelly  
                              Started by anderson, Yesterday, 11:06 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post anderson  
                              Started by eseorafva, Yesterday, 10:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post eseorafva  
                              Working...
                              X