• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Enhanced On Balance Volume Indicator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enhanced On Balance Volume Indicator

Hi
    Could someone create this enhanced OBV indicator? Here's the link that describes it: http://scientifictrader.com/volume.htm

It looks to be straightforward and simple, but since i dont know jack about programming, i'll leave it up to the experts. But I think this would be useful to us Ninjatraders.

I sure would appreciate it, thanks

jimbo

Hi jimbo002,

Thanks for posting the link.

If you want this programmed, you can also contact our NinjaScript consultants listed here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo002 View Post
      Hi
      Could someone create this enhanced OBV indicator? Here's the link that describes it: http://scientifictrader.com/volume.htm

It looks to be straightforward and simple, but since i dont know jack about programming, i'll leave it up to the experts. But I think this would be useful to us Ninjatraders.

I sure would appreciate it, thanks

jimbo
      Looks like it would be very useful and I'm in the same boat as far as programing . I'll just second it that I'd like to have it available in Ninja
      as well ..... Thanks for posting it .

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        Hi jimbo002,

Thanks for posting the link.

If you want this programmed, you can also contact our NinjaScript consultants listed here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
        Trouble is ,someone will probably come along and post it for free . Then the
        one who paid for it would feel pretty silly . I'd like to see how it performs on
        intraday time frames as opposed to the daily examples given in the link , but
        not enough to pay hundreds of dollars to do so . I'd write it and post it myself
        ,but it's the same old problem - not a programmer .Some softwares have some
        easy formula language to work with . Oh well .

Comment

Hi T2020, I can see your point...should you want to travel down the NinjaScript route yourself at some point, here are some tutorials to get you started the right way - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand .
            Perhaps I can go over a section at a time ,when I have some time . I'll
            bookmark the link .

Comment

This formula looks simple enough. I do have one question..

Formula for improved On Balance Volume

Cumulative total of (volume * ((high-open) / (high-low))) - Cumulative total of (volume * ((open-low) / (high-low)))

What does the term "Cumulative total" mean in the description????

RJay
              Last edited by RJay; 12-13-2008, 02:06 PM.
              RJay
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by rt6176 View Post
                This formula looks simple enough. I do have one question..

Formula for improved On Balance Volume

Cumulative total of (volume * ((high-open) / (high-low))) - Cumulative total of (volume * ((open-low) / (high-low)))

What does the term "Cumulative total" mean in the description????

RJay
                Far as I know it's just a running sum of volume ,starting with the 1st bar
                of however many days / bars you have loaded in the chart .

Comment

Agree, this looks interesting.
                  Hopefully someone will take this on.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                    Hi T2020, I can see your point...should you want to travel down the NinjaScript route yourself at some point, here are some tutorials to get you started the right way - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html
                    Well , I opened up the Ninja Wizard and got through the 1st tutorial on price
                    variables , so I guess that generated a starting place for the custom OBV,but can't say anything makes sense after that .

Comment

I tried making this when it was first requested and after trying for a while with no success I gave up.

I'll post my non-working version as perhaps it may be easier to correct my error(s) than start from scratch.

Its certainly frustrating though, when the indicator is only two lines...
                      Attached Files

Comment

More Info:

Special notation to totals for prior days.

https://www.tradestation.com/Discuss...V_ENHANCED.doc
                        RJay
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                          I tried making this when it was first requested and after trying for a while with no success I gave up.

I'll post my non-working version as perhaps it may be easier to correct my error(s) than start from scratch.

Its certainly frustrating though, when the indicator is only two lines...
                          Well , I imported it . Needless to say , I'm clueless . I'm sure Bertrand or Ben
                          could edit it to operation status in 5 minutes . chuckle .

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
                            ... I'm sure Bertrand or Ben
                            could edit it to operation status in 5 minutes . chuckle .
                            I'm sure too. But just to be clear, the version I uploaded doesn't work, and since I tried a few different things, it could be much father from the actual solution than from where I started...

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                              I'm sure too. But just to be clear, the version I uploaded doesn't work, and since I tried a few different things, it could be much father from the actual solution than from where I started...
                              Actually, your version is good, just missing one little (or may be big) thing - whenever you divide something , ALWAYS check your divisor !=0.
                              I corrected your mistake.

I attached the same chart (from the informational link) so you can see that calculations are performed correctly
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by roonius; 01-08-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mohdhm, Today, 04:09 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ShawnB  
                              Started by BGWTEX, Today, 03:30 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse