Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW Fractals not painting

Hi,

Cannot seem to get anything on the chart with this indicator. Tried changing colours (see comment elsewhere), but no joy. Maybe my computer doesn't recognise "Wingdings 3"!!

Any suggestions?

Hi tlan294, welcome to our forum! The fractals work well over here, do you get any errors in the log tab of the Control Center? Please also make sure Marker Size is at a high enough level...
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Yup, log error reads thus:

Error on calling the 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'bwFractals' on bar 5: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

For info, attempting to paint on EURUSD 1 Min bars....

Comment

Hi, it works fine on EURUSD 1 min over here, you may contact the author of this indicator and ask for a fix - you likely need to check into this -> http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3170

Comment

tlan294,

The fractals indicator was a WIP that was dropped and is provided as an as-is solution. Feel free to make any changes to it to better suit your needs.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fixed

Hi,

Many thanks for the steer - the issue was calling 5 bars before they were "there". So the fix is simple. make line 47 read:

if (CurrentBar < 6)

...or any other number larger than 5!

I guess this is not an issue if you are extracting data from part of a data record, but blows up if you start from minute 1 of the record.

Rgds

Comment

Great tlan294, maybe you can post your updated version for our members here! Thanks!

Comment

Amended file

Here you go....
                Attached Files

Comment

Stop the clock!

In desperation, I wiped the workspace, and started with a clean one, and it now works properly.

A question, is there a way to "clean" a workspace of its trading records? I suspect old testing had left unfinished business (even after flatten everything and remove executions).

Rgds,

Comment

Thanks for posting this tlan294. Yes, your workspace file could have gotten corrupted - what you also want to do, besides starting with a clean one, is repairing your database (Tools > Options > Misc).

Comment

Whenever I open ninja trader, my fractal's default colors reset to white from green and red. Anyone else experience this?

Comment

Hi bctrader, unfortunately this is an unsupported side project - do you see any errors in the Log tab when you apply it?

Comment

Originally posted by bctrader View Post
                          Whenever I open ninja trader, my fractal's default colors reset to white from green and red. Anyone else experience this?
                          You have to serialize Color property

Comment

What do you mean serialize? I've installed this indicator before on an old os and it's worked fine so not sure why I'd have trouble now. I realize it's an old project and I was just asking if anyone else had this issue with it at anytime. I've tried deleting and reinstalling it but I get the same problem. Not a big deal, I can work around it, just be nice if one didn't have to change the color's each time. Here's the log file output:

1/28/2009 3:14:43 PM Default Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.bwFractals'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.

Comment

Originally posted by bctrader View Post
                              What do you mean serialize? I've installed this indicator before on an old os and it's worked fine so not sure why I'd have trouble now. I realize it's an old project and I was just asking if anyone else had this issue with it at anytime. I've tried deleting and reinstalling it but I get the same problem. Not a big deal, I can work around it, just be nice if one didn't have to change the color's each time. Here's the log file output:

1/28/2009 3:14:43 PM Default Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.bwFractals'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.
                              Try this version.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Belfortbucks  
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses