VSA Indicator - Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrTester View Post
    I try to port an existing VSA Indicator from an Amibroker code. Anyone can check the AFL File to see if the port is good?, first time working with Ami codes. Also comments from VSA Fans are welcome to see if we can have a useful indicator

Here you can find the Original code: http://www.vpanalysis.blogspot.com/

PD
    Thanks Roonius for the fix in the shading routine.

Regards
    Here's a quote from vpanalysis.blogspot.

There have been many requests for VPA 1.6. The truth is that there is no real version 1.6. The version number 1.6 you see in some of the charts posted here was an internal trial version. The attempt was to create a mechanical system out of VPA. However we did not really succeed and further attempts were put on the backburner. Any we are presented the next version VPA1.1. We have included facility to plot support and resistance lines which are play a good role in volume spread analysis. Also included is the strength meter scan. Hope the new version will be helpful. Here is a screen shot of VPA 1.1.
    I find it interesting that they couldn't make an automated trading strategy work successfully using VPA. What does that tell me about VPA?

Comment

I am not really surprised that they could not come up with an automated strategy. VPA on a single bar does not tell you anything. You have to look at the totality of the chart. Another way of saying this is that you have to look at the context in which a particular "signal" occurs on a bar.

Comment

Originally posted by scjohn View Post
        I am not really surprised that they could not come up with an automated strategy. VPA on a single bar does not tell you anything. You have to look at the totality of the chart. Another way of saying this is that you have to look at the context in which a particular "signal" occurs on a bar.
        I don't think this is the problem, you can build a model that gives a "score" to each bar according to what it symbols (No Demand/Up Thrust etc) in the context of the trend and see what is the total score for the last X days (e.g. more weak bars than strong bars).
        The problem that I see in VSA is that many times it is ambiguous, not all the bars align with the scenario you are building so you need to learn from which bars to "ignore". When I read Tom Willimas book and walked through the examples there were many bars he ignored that could contradict the case he was building.
        Another thing is the effort-result thing, you allways need to wait for confirmation, and wait, and eventually you miss the move.
        Maybe you need a lot of experience and "market watching" hours in order to know how to "filter" the important bars that tell the story from the all the other noise...

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          nmk85roll,

You can change it to display it wherever you want. It will not overwrite what was there already, it will just display them on top of each other unless you use the same string name then it will overwrite.
          So if I wanted to position it in the TopLeft corner just below the other line of text that prints, what would the string of code be? Basically it would need to start printing of line 2 of the TopLeft corner.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

nmk85roll,

Try just adding \n into your string. If that is the incorrect new line character please search google or MSDN for how to make a new line in strings.

"\nText on a new line"
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So right now is there one VSA indicator, or there are more than 1 similar?

After digging through a few thread on vsa, im a little confused.

thx

Comment

I'm only aware of this one, you can check the latest revision posted - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...4&postcount=50
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

VSA is very interesting concept.now the beta version we have for ninja does not do the job needs some refining.but the green and red diamond signals serve as a very good starting point.would be nice if some smart programer could improve it and make it similar to the one offered by trade guider.theirs is an excellent system but very expensive out of reach for most of us small accounts traders.hope somebody will take the task of improving it

Comment

Just learn to read the market, TradeGuider is great for learning the signals, but you can certainly learn to recognize it alone.
                    Read Tom Williams book ("The Undeclared Secrets That Drive The Stock Market").
                    Join Todd Krueger video newsletters (http://traderscode.com/newsletters.html) and mail him so he will send you the first 3 videos he sent (it is a new service so you can catch up).
                    Watch tradeguider videos on YouTube.
                    Read Tom Williams book again.

Yuval.

Comment

and the newest verison is???

Been fascinated studying all the VSA info I can find. Interesting to see a version of a VSA indicator has been devised for Ninja. Can someone direct me to the newest version of this?
                      Thanks!
                      Es

Comment

Vsa Beta

http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...2&d=1238391704here is the link still very basic needs m ore improvement to be of any use

Comment

VSA - Thanks

I found a fairly recent one but since I trade on a one minute chart and sometimes a five minute chart, I find it to be too "busy" for me. Too much going on. Look like it is better geared for longer time period charts.

Comment

Vsa

ESIAR could you please post the version you have see if it is same one i have or newer
                            thanks
                            regards
                            hanaa

Comment

Agreed Yuvalw

I have to agree with Yuvalw. Although I have only read one very good synopsis explaining it and watched one Tradeguider video and one MTpredictor video (another overpriced VSA program like Tradeguider), you can get the hang of it and earn to "see" it when it occurs. It does look like it would be fun to have a program like MTpredictor to play with for a while but not for $3000 plus data feed plus class fees plus...

Comment

Vpa

It's just the one on the previous page posted by Yuvalw.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DanielSanMartin