VSA Indicator - Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuval,

I looked at the indicator code that is responsible for painting bars. There is one thing that makes me wonder:

I understand this:
    else if(ShortTermTrendSlope>0 && MiddleTermTrendSlope<0 && LongTermTrendSlope<0)
    {
    BarColor = Color.PaleGreen;
    }

but why the same bar color is being painted for completely different scenario?
    else if(ShortTermTrendSlope<0 && MiddleTermTrendSlope>0 && LongTermTrendSlope>0)
    {
    }

Comment

I have just translated the code long time ago, I don't use it so can't suggest any help... sorry.

Originally posted by Eternum View Post
      Yuval,

I looked at the indicator code that is responsible for painting bars. There is one thing that makes me wonder:

I understand this:
      else if(ShortTermTrendSlope>0 && MiddleTermTrendSlope<0 && LongTermTrendSlope<0)
      {
      }

but why the same bar color is being painted for completely different scenario?
      else if(ShortTermTrendSlope<0 && MiddleTermTrendSlope>0 && LongTermTrendSlope>0)
      {
      }

Comment

Legend image

Heres a simple image legend for the VSA indicator couldnt find the Aqua Triangle so left it green.. Hope htis makes it a little easier to use.

Originally posted by yuvalw View Post
        Hi,

Thank you for bringing that issue up, I wasn't aware of VSA and found it very interesting...

1) I compared the code to the AFL version and fixed some differences (in trbar, hutbar and stdn0).
        2) I Changed the variables names to be meaningful so the code will be more readable and maybe other members will feel more comfortable with it.
        The original variables names are in remark in the "VSA Definitions" area so a reference to the AFL code can be made.
        3) Removed unnecessary DataSeries to save some bits of memory.
        4) Added property to determine whether to change the price bars color according to the trend (default is false).

And here is a Legend to the symbols as I understand (It is also in the cs file).

Red Square - UpThrust bar.
        Blue Diamond - Reversal possible, yesterday was high volume wide spread up bar, but today we reached 10 days high with low close wide spread down bar.
        Red Triangle Down - UpThrust confirmation.
        Lime Square - Strength bar (either strength is showing in down trend or a supply test in up trend).
        Yellow Triangle Up - An Upbar closing near High after a Test confirms strength.
        Lime Diamond - Stopping volume. Normally indicates end of bearishness is nearing /OR/ No supply.
        Lime Triangle Up - The previous bar saw strength coming back, This upbar confirms strength.
        Blue Square - Psuedo UpThrust, A Sign of Weakness /OR/ A High Volume Up Bar closing down in a uptrend shows Distribution /OR/ No Demand.
        Blue Triangle Down - A Down Bar closing down after a Pseudo Upthrust confirms weakness.
        Yellow Triangle Down - High volume Downbar after an upmove on high volume indicates weakness.
        Aqua Triangle Up - High volume upbar closing on the high indicates strength (in short term down trend).
        Deep Pink Square - Test for supply.
        Turquoise Diamond - Effort to Rise. Bullish sign.
        Yellow Diamond - Effort to Fall. Bearish sign.

Yuval.

Comment

Originally posted by Essiar View Post
          I have to agree with Yuvalw. Although I have only read one very good synopsis explaining it and watched one Tradeguider video and one MTpredictor video (another overpriced VSA program like Tradeguider), you can get the hang of it and earn to "see" it when it occurs. It does look like it would be fun to have a program like MTpredictor to play with for a while but not for $3000 plus data feed plus class fees plus...
          I would suggest you look again at MTPredictor - it simply has an additional volume climax idea to confirm an Eliot Wave pattern.
          Also it's 2k not 3k.(1,921 to be precise)
          I have no connection with MTP other than being a subscriber to their code for the last 4 years.
          If you want a VSA style of program - look at Hawkeye Trader.

Comment

Hello im not in forum very often but wanted to inquire of a "predictive average". The indicator is found in ensign software and is very good at helping determine solid trend trades.
            Thanks for any input on how to replicate, currently using a t3 using dots blue up and red down but its just not the same. I tried to attach a pic
            Bert
            Attached Files
            Last edited by bert1; 03-08-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bert1 View Post
              Hello im not in forum very often but wanted to inquire of a "predictive average". The indicator is found in ensign software and is very good at helping determine solid trend trades.
              Thanks for any input on how to replicate, currently using a t3 using dots blue up and red down but its just not the same. I tried to attach a pic
              Bert
              This is getting off of the thread topic but here is the easy language code for predictive average:
              //PRED FUNCTION//
              input: price(numericseries),lung(numericsimple);
              Variablesred1(0),pred2(0),zlag(0),dif1(0);
              pred1=xaverage(price,lung);
              pred2=xaverage(pred1,lung);
              dif1=(pred1-pred2);
              zlag=(pred1+dif1);
              predf=zlag;

Comment

thank you, is there a paticular indictor foundation that I can use to implement this?

Comment

I think you could use the ZLEMA for this, theory is the same...
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good Morning,

I tried to install NT7 Beta 13 but I get an error Msg "Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there requiered file missing on either your PC or in import archive"

what I can do to install it?

Thanks

Comment

danemo,

This indicator may not necessarily be NT7 compatible. Please see the "Migrating NinjaScript Files" section of this article to see if you can address it yourself: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=21019

Otherwise the original author would have to provide you with an NT7 compatible version.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

VSA Indicator

Prtester:

Appreciate if you could share the indicator suitable for NT 7.0

Regards,

Raj

Comment

Please. Be great Prtester.

Comment

Guys sorry but Im too busy for the next 2 months or so, not time for projects out of scope now, will see in a few weeks or so, but you just only have to update the drawings to the new NT7 format, could be a quick easy fix anyone can do.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
                              I would suggest you look again at MTPredictor - it simply has an additional volume climax idea to confirm an Eliot Wave pattern.
                              Also it's 2k not 3k.(1,921 to be precise)
                              I have no connection with MTP other than being a subscriber to their code for the last 4 years.
                              If you want a VSA style of program - look at Hawkeye Trader.
                              Hello, wonder if we could chat about MTPredictor? Thanks, gh
                              Greg Hohman
                              Skype = Greg.Hohman
                              [email protected]
                              251/644-4772

Comment

ghman101

fyi - I wouldn't post such personal information in a public forum.
                                I have sent you a skype message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                                Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 08:12 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes