Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marvel,

edit: I misunderstood Q #1.

1. Well no. You need to set the strategy params exactly as you set them in the Pattern Rec indy and you're done. Unfortunately, I did not incorporate XML Serialization in the strategy to save the strategy settings on exit. If you don't want to re-enter them on each set up you'll need to change the default values in the variables region. I undersatand that strategy params will be saved like indy params in NT v7, at least I hope so.

2. Sounds like my "soft shoulder" pattern or an intrabar famir. You might try changing the Properties code. Find the following on about line 2700

[Description("Famir minimum CCI hook points (default = 3)")]
    [Category("Parameters")]
    [Gui.Design.DisplayName("Famir, CCI Points for Hook")]
    public double FamirHookMin
    {
    get { return famirHookMin; }
    set { famirHookMin = Math.Max(0, Math.Min(10, value)); }
    }

and change the last line so Math.Max(0, Math.Min(10, value)) has a negative number in place of the 0 (the -# will designate the minimum value the param will accept). If you want any number allowed, just change it to: set { famirHookMin = value; }. You might also change the Description so it is correct, though it will only affect what you see below the param list.

I'm not sure how this will affect the frequency of signals.
    Last edited by snaphook; 08-27-2009, 05:03 AM.

Comment

mwave,
      I can't duplicate that error on my setup and the rather cryptic NT error message does little to help in debugging (I wish it would provide a line# or the offending statement, hint, hint).

Do you have the latest version? You might try downloading it again.

Comment

Snap,

1) I think I’m clear on this now..hehehe. I continue as before, that is, I change the defaults in the AT in order to “Save” the strategy settings.

2) I followed your instructions to make the following changes to the CCI_Forecaster code. I first saved the Forecaster under a new name something like, MyCCI_Forecaster.

A) Under Properties, line 2652 on mine, I changed it to read: set {famirHookMin = value;}
        I reworded the end of the Description line as you suggested to something like: (any value).
        It compiled ok.
        Then, after applying the MyCCI_Forecaster indicator to a Chart, I went to the row for “Famir, CCI Points for Hook” and changed it to “–3”…it took ok.

B) Then, in the AT (I first renamed it like Test1_AT) I made the same change… line 674 on mine:
        set {famirHookMin = value;}
        I reworded the end of the Description line to something like: (default = –3).
        Then under Variables (line 68) I changed the default to: private double famirHookMin = -3;
        It compiled ok.
        When I applied the Test1_AT to the Chart, the row for “Famir, CCI Points for Hook” showed the “–3” in the field.
        So, all seems to be ok so far.
        I’ll try things out to see how it works.

With these (and previous) parameter adjustments, the AT keeps getting closer and closer to my trading style. There are a few other changes I would like to ask you about in the near future…which I hope you’ll still be tolerant enough to tackle…lol

It’s really remarkable that the user of your AT is free to make a variety of parameter changes that reflect the trader’s individual trading style.

Thnx for the fantastic help and a super, super AT.

-marvel

Comment

Hello

I have reinstall again, I m getting this error on log file when i try to back test
          Strategies. CCI forcaster working fine.there is no problem/error while i compile code and I m also not able to see any amount(p/l) in strategy Analyzer

Thanks for your help
          -mwave

Comment

mwave,
            The AT will not backtest because it uses the ATM rather than controlling buys and sells itself. Therefore, the AT never knows what the sell point is.

Comment

Snap
              I have applied on real time, still nothing is happening and log file show same error.

Thanks
              Mwave

Comment

What happened to my wcci_at?

Aloha Snap,
                I have been using your wcci_at for over six months now daily no problem but.I recently installed the latest ver. of wcci_at and the latest cci _de.I am not new to nt and have been using the at and your pattern recognition indicators successfully for some time.
                Now I can not get to take auto trades at all I have tried everything previously suggested but no luck.I even installed it on a another comppter but it still wont take a trade.
                I tried a different wcci_at it worked fine.I opened an output window but I couldnt see any wcci-atDe trades at all like at wasnt seeing the patterns but they were clearly noted on the charts.
                Any ideas what is going on?Can I get the earlier version of wcc_at?
                thanks
                jungo

Comment

jungo and all,

I looked at the code and found a typo that may have been fouling the works. I'll test it today and let you know what I find.

Comment

It looks like the typo was messing things up. This one has been taking trades as designed. I have attached it here and will upload to strategies as well.
                    Attached Files

Comment

WCCI-AT fix

Well done on the fix Snap.
                      Thanks Jungo

Comment

Snap,

Ninja-Josh has the following money mgnt Reference Sample that stops a Strategy after a consecutive number of losing trades.

Can Josh's strategy be applied to work in conjunction with the AT? If so, do you simply apply it after the AT is applied?

Also, what code could be added to Josh's sample to Protect a Profit. That is, to stop trading if a profit falls back by some dollar amount. Both the "profit amt" and the "fall back amt" to be inputed by the user.

For ex, if a cumulative profit greater than $500 falls back by an increment of greater than $100, stop the AT for the day...better yet, stop live trading but continue in sim mode to collect stats.

thnx again for all your help,

-marvel

Comment

Marvel,

I would not know about the AT things you guys are using here, but in terms of protecting a profit, it works exactly the same as protecting the stop. Just duplicate the logic a second time with a new variable and then you can use both in an OR if-statement.
                          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                            Marvel,

I would not know about the AT tings you guys are using here, but in terms of protecting a profit, it works exactly the same as protecting the stop. Just duplicate the logic a second time with a new variable and then you can use both in an OR if-statement.

Josh,

You give me credit by assuming i know stuff...but i don't...lol

Exactly which lines of code should i duplicate/change and what new variable should i define/use? (thnx in advance for your step-by-step instructions...lol)

Once/if i get that straight, then how do i go about getting the sample strategy to call and stop the AutoTrader? That is, your example uses ADX to enter and exit trades. What code could replace that to tell the AutoTrader to stop when your sample strategy says to stop trading for the day. Or does the code from your sample have to be inserted directly into the AutoTrader code to make it all work?

thnx,

-marvel

Comment

Marvel,

Unfortunately I cannot provide a step-by-step due to bandwidth reasons as the nature of programming is very dynamic. Depending on your requirements you would do different things. Since we do not offer custom programming services I would recommend trying one of these 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants who do: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

In general, you would have to open up AT and see how it is programmed and see what elements are accessible in other scripts. Then you would call the portions that are related to what you want to use.
                              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

who can prompt, what needs to be done, that WCCI_AT worked from 23:00 to 11:30? I set and such time and such 11:00 PM - 11:30 AM, but WCCI_AT does not trade.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Javierw.ok  
                                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bltdavid